EP91 from Belgium back to the road after total loss!

Hi everbody,

I've registered on ukso about a year ago but I've never really made a progress blog. Now I have some spare time and decided to post my progress here.

A little bit more then a year ago I've bought my first car, this starlet. I immediately liked it alot. So after about a month of driving I was tired of the "boaty" feel of the car and lowered it and then put on some decent wheel and tyres. I drove around like that for the couple next months, untill about June when a van drove into the front of my starlet.

So here's a picture of the car, lowered 40mm and some rims on it.

IMG_20140309_170920_zpsfe8c4e9c.jpg

So in June a guy with a van just drove into me, not stopping at all. The whole front of my ep91 was destroyed. Luckily after all the damage was reasonable and repairable, only the whole front would need to be swapped.

IMG_20140610_173805_zpsdc883083.jpg

So I thought when I need to replace the whole front section, why don't make it into a glanza one? So I got out and search some glanza stuff on the dutch forums (starlet-forum.nl) and found a 96 spec front bumper, headlights and a Glanza S bonnet with some minor damage.

IMG_20140809_171537_zpsd068d9a6.jpg

IMG_20140812_205436_zps2543bbc4.jpg

Welded in a new radiator support because the old one was too much bent.

IMG_20140824_181407_zps51c890a5.jpg

I actually tried painting the bonnet, the finish was allright but the "colour matched paint" didn't really match the colour of my paint.

So I decided to "paint" the whole car with plastidip, because I am a student and I don't have large funds to pay for a real respray.

IMG_20140930_113458_zpsbbb98ac6.jpg

It looks kinda good on the pictures but in real life you see it has a lot of texture to it and it isn't even, I've researched some more what could be the causes of this and I'll try to do a better job next time.

Another problem was that the headlights looked really dull after this, so I sanded them down, sprayed over some clear coat and sanded again with a 2000grit paper and polished it afterwards and they where like new again.

1157393_785803551463198_7397159760874693

The color on the above picture does look a bit brighter due to a filter on my mates phone.

af730f8e-5864-43e7-bc29-0622251889d4_zps

This last picture was taken on the Wangang Warriors meet last weekend. So that's how it looks now.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English :thumbsup:

Thanks all! It will stay an NA starlet because of Belgium regulations, but that doesn't mean I can't try to get some power out of the 4efe. That's not regulated too but they'll never see it :D

I've allready have a Corolla inlet mani, but I'll probably exchange it for a 4efte inlet and I've got a 4efe ecu from a JDM EP82 4efe, which allready works on my car apart from the TPS.