This can be a touchy subject on here lol.

Correct thing to do it contact the DVLA and register your car as a Starlet Glanza V with them, then phone your insurance and tell them its a Starlet Glanza V with whatever mods its got. Then you can drive about happy knowing youre insured properly and wont get bum raped off a policeman haha.

But because its cheaper folk just insure them as whatever is says on the logbook, starlet GL or someshit

Dude people won't like this on here but insure it as a 1.3 I done it when I was younger not a hope on hell would I pay 3k for insureance. Now I'm a good bit older insureance isn't a problem... I'm standing by to get called a cunt by half the forum 😮

Edited by Whitenoize

I had a 94 wrx for a fortnight before i had my GT on the road, that was insured as a 1.6 sport or some pish lol. Was stupid thinking back to it but at the time figures of 5k+ kinda put you off. Had a few very close calls in it including entering the M9 motorway backwards.

Just insure it right save any hassle :)

Don't fuck about when it comes to insurance.. If you can't get insured or can't afford the insurance then don't buy the car, that's what I say. Why lie?.. If you have a starlet turbo and you insure it as an n/a then have an accident.. Insurance for those that insure our Turbo's goes up. Not fair really for someone else's mistake.

My opinion.

this pissed me of especially when i went to insure mine as i told the company that mine was imported it was a turbo and they insured me for 500 odd and then they messaged me saying they had made a misstake and that they couldnt insure me anymore as they didnt know it was a turbo import when i even had it on my documents they sent saying it was import turbo and now im paying just under 2000 with another company insurance givs me head aches

I insured mine correctly and was worth it as an old guy ran into back of me and at first they said my car was worth 650 quid and would be written off. I argued for months and had to get toyota to confirm what my car is then after ten months. I have now recieved my money to repair car. It is a hassle but if it wasn't insured correctly I would've been screwed

I dont understand insurance, I'm with admiral and my n/a is like £400 a year, and when I phoned and checked what it'll be if I drop a turbo engine in they quoted me £350... No idea how that works?
But if I were you I'd definitely insure it as a turbo, I know people who have been seriously caught out and done for no insurance because they had glanzas insured as n/as and even people who had 1.5L tsport yaris insured as a 1.0L with no mods haha. Its just not worth it. Plus as someone else said, if you have a bump it'll put up the cost of the rest of us trying to insure turbos :L

I dont understand insurance, I'm with admiral and my n/a is like £400 a year, and when I phoned and checked what it'll be if I drop a turbo engine in they quoted me £350... No idea how that works?

But if I were you I'd definitely insure it as a turbo, I know people who have been seriously caught out and done for no insurance because they had glanzas insured as n/as and even people who had 1.5L tsport yaris insured as a 1.0L with no mods haha. Its just not worth it. Plus as someone else said, if you have a bump it'll put up the cost of the rest of us trying to insure turbos :L

Surely if you insure a tsport by plate you cant insure it as a 1litre? Thats techincally worse than insuring a glanza as a n/a. At least then they technically match on the v5.a 1.0l yaris wouldnt

Surely if you insure a tsport by plate you cant insure it as a 1litre? Thats techincally worse than insuring a glanza as a n/a. At least then they technically match on the v5.a 1.0l yaris wouldnt

Yeah I dunno who he was with but according to him his tsport is insured as a 1.0L. He could be talking balls trying to act cool etc but he's always going on about it haha