engine rebuild price ????

Hi just wondering what i will be looking to pay if in was to take my engine for a rebuild at a garage its spun a shell and needs crank regrinding but people are saying best to get a full rebuild the engine is allready out of the car and ill be fitting it to save on labour costs thanks

But buying a used engine is a gamble in itself. Especially 4EFTEs. Personally id get it rebuilt by a reputable company / engineer shop and then you'll have peace of mind its gonna last.

Price all depends on whats fucked. And where you get the replacement parts from. Id take it into the engineers and let them do an evaluation first and go from there.

Hard to gauge really.

Bearings

Headgasket

Headbolts

Engine gasket kit

Piston rings

May aswell do stem seals

Then option to do oil and water pumps aswell

May aswell use new pistons as the ringlands on them are normally brittle and break

Then all machine work and labour

Could be about a grand total.

Just rebuilt my engine mate Jesus wasn't cheap time all machine work was done, (head done, valves reseated, crank polished etc, had rods checked, pistons, new rings, bearings, water pump oil pump Cambelt, full gasket set everything was all genuine toyota parts from dealer, and on top of all that (Colin will tell you as he helped me) had to do all clearances etc, yes it was a pain in the bloody ass 👍