top gear special patogonia,,crazy

you kinda have to wonder if maybe the BBC had leaked the "reg plate" to the argentines,

as they like to make top gear as controversial as possible but just didn't quite expect the backlash they got from it....

most of the top gear specials are normally surrounded by a little controversy but I think this went a little to far especially as the reg plate would really have gone unnoticed to the average argentine so it had to have been pointed out by a higher force...... just my 2p

It was some Argentinian reporter tweeeted a photo of it and thats when it all kicked off

They were helicoptered out before anyone even moved haha

yeah i presumed that haha. that was my biggest issue with it, obviously I'm glad they weren't hurt but I read articles by Jeremy about it and he made it sound like they were right in the middle of it all, when actually they were no where near it :L

Apparently BBC production staff knew about the car registration and likely controversy before the car was even bought, but personally it's not something i'd have identified had it not been all over the news. I wouldn't be surprised if the wankers over at the Daily Mail informed people in Argentina they were coming, as they kept on and on about it! The program though was entertaining, predictable as usual and some of the scenery is stunning. Would quite like to go there!

Edited by Arnold