Was looking on the net for 4efte conversions, and was suprised to find that someone has transplanted a 4efte into a g100 charade, im am now considering doing the same with my Charade GTti, i dont wanna follow the crowd. Id like to have something a little diffrent. what do you guys think?

post-227-1136495647_thumb.jpg

jeez!! nutcase!!!!

i thought the old 3cyl gtti engine was virtually indistructable?? i guess the 4efte is a nice little upgrade, and has the parts out there to get 300bhp out of it!!

its surprising how well it fits!!

Rich.

The little 993c engine is indestructible but, realisticly only 180bhp is achievable from the little 3cyl monster, 200bhp is possible but requires a throttle body conversion which is a bit of a hassle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, i see... well in that case, where theres a will theres a way!! :rolleyes:B)

you got any pics of urs man? i'd love one of these motors for blatting around town!!

Rich.

Here's my ride , its a nice example of a charade, the shell tends to rust easily, but mine hasent. its only got a slight bubble on the rear, driver side arch.

Here are the list of mods:

Lowered 35MM.

Dump Valve.

Blue Flame 2 1/2" exhaust system with a 3 1/2" tailpipe

Custom Made Iduction kit.

Blitz Turbo Timer.

Polybush Kit.

After puting on the exhaust system i had to take the induction kit off, and replace it with an replacment element filter. This was because the turbo was spooling up 2 fast because of such good flow, and the boost pressure was creeping up because the wastegate couldnt cope, and the fuel cut was eventually kicking in at 12.5 psi. I plan to drill out the wastegate in a few weeks time and get the induction kit back on. I estimate it to have about 110-115bhp now, i also plan to invest in a set of alloy wheels in a couple of weeks too. I tryed to put a set of speedlines on my car off of 'llawgoch' starlet sr, but the bore wasent big enough and they wouldnt fit.

post-227-1136571760_thumb.jpg

good effort mate! :D i generally feel quite intimidated by other car owners (civics/reno 5's/rst's) coming on the site and showing theyre stuff, but in this case im not... whenever i see one of these i kinda see some resemblence to the ol' starly. i feel theyre kinda like cousins!! :D

ok im being weird now... B)B)B):rolleyes:B):D

what do these things rev to normally??

Rich.

The charade was originally based on a starlet. Toyota actually owns 60% of Daihatsu. you could say starlets and charades are cousins, (sorry i kown im being weird). If you compare the clocks on a Charade G11 Turbo with an ep71 Starlet they are vuirtually identical.

I didnt think anybody would mined me joining this forum, most people like the little car cause they dont see much of them around and also they see the 1ltr turbocharged engine as a novelty.

Also there is no charade turbo forum, so i therefore joined the next best thing to it.

I still havent had a race with a standard turbo starlet yet, id like to think i could keep up pretty well.

The rev counter on the car redlines at 72000 revs, but it actually revs to 85000 before the rev limiter comes in, one of your members 'llawgoch' can verify this.

agreed!!!! :rolleyes:

The charade was originally based on a starlet. Toyota actually owns 60% of Daihatsu. you could say starlets and charades are cousins, (sorry i kown im being weird). If you compare the clocks on a Charade G11 Turbo with an ep71 Starlet they are vuirtually identical.

wow, thats weird!!!! i never knew that!!!

8500rpm????

jeez!!!! thats more than us!!!

Rich.

Most of the turbo daihatsu engines are hi revers, the 3cyl 700cc turbo engine in a Sirion revs to 100,000 rpm . What revs do starlet turbos limit on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you mean 10,000? even so thats really high!!!

yeah, i think 4efte is about 7400 too.

our non turbo 4efe is only 6200 B):rolleyes:

Rich.

Sorry.........yeah i meant 10,000 i added 2 many zeros. you can tune that little 700cc sirion engine up 2 200bhp, whats the maximum power you can get out of a 4efte 180bhp is achevable from my engine with standard internals and a copper headgasket.

how you doin?

if i were you i would stick with the lump you have at the moment,

the internals are already forged, so it would be alot easier to extract 200bhp from that then a 4efte,

yea its good to be back bro,

have exams this weeks but after that im gona concentrate my efforts around improving the site,

should also be unvieling one of the suspensionn products at the beging of next week

ive noticed loads of new names and ive only been away for a month,

mon the uksc!!