I just drove my 5E Starlet for the first time tonight, just the 5 minutes ride from work to home...

My first impressions are that it's not as much as I thought it would be. I got it up to 100kmh in 3rd, checked the acceleration, but not too hard. I'm taking it easy (easier) because of the new engine/clutch/everything...

My impression: I do not feel it's actually quicker, but I do feel it's lighter, less load to go at speed.
I do have stock air box and exhaust at the moment, Corolla inlet, FHE cams. I also have FTE dished pistons in provision for my SC14 going in shortly. And point to mention, I have parts EVERYWHERE in the car, making it heavier than it should...

I haven't seen the 4E pistons yet, but the difference between 5E and FTE was pretty obvious, domed vs dished. I know this would change performance a little, but it may be more than I expected. Or I was just expecting too much of the 5E to start with.

I still have my 4E beater, once the break-in is done on the 5E I'll compare them. We shall see as I push it more and more.

Happy it runs, I had coolant leaks, fixed them, but I think I still have a little dripping on the pump hose. I have the workshop available 4 hours Saturday to do a checkup.

thats fair and simple in na form there aint much in it and also your running 4efe electronics so your under powered from the start !!!!!!!

fit the charger set timing to 4e and get it mapped on a bleu thats where your power will come from

i used to own a jdm acis cynos B ( 5efhe ) and there just slow in na form not much in it to a starlet gi

Yeah charge is next, with standalone, most likely a Haltech 500. I did a little road test as I was getting dinner, I have no more coolant in the top hose. and a scrapping noise so I drove it back to work and swapped cars.
also I'm new to 6 pucks clutch, a bit shacky for now lol