Got this 1997 Glanza V over a couple weeks ago, spent a bunch of time refreshing the paint with a clay bar and polish. With some searching I found the car has the LSD, which was an unexpected find!!

The only thing I have done so far is a new set of wheels and rubber, 15x8 Konig flatout with 195/55/15 rubber.

Next on the list is some coilovers, and recommendations?

Need to do some basic maintenence, other then that the car is great, 123,000 kms.

IMG_8639_zpse3a0b238.jpg

IMG_8640_zpsff070cb2.jpg

IMG_8616_zps899c6860.jpg

Edited by GlanzaCanada

looks like a solid base to start with :) got any major plans ?

BC's and MEISTER R's are firm favourites over here :)

I spy a skyline in the background is that yours ?

James

Nothing major at this time, want to drop it, probably FMIC, and open up the exhaust to a 2.5 system.

Just changed the oil, plugs, and coolant.

I have BC's on my R34 skyline and they work great, might go with BC's for the Glanza also.

That skyline in the background is a project car, belongs to a buddy of mine, old 1989 GTS-T drift car.

Parts list:

-Front and Rear drilled/slotted rotors+braided lines

-FMIC

-BC Racing Coilovers

-Aluminum Radiator+colder thermostat

-Custom downpipe+2.5 exhaust

My only issue with a majority of these parts is availability as I live in Canada and there really is no market for these cars.

Anyone recommend a couple good places for me to source all these parts through?

Thanks!

Gave myself a project today, got rid of the stock intake system and went with a cold air intake approach...as cheap as possible.

Using spare stock intake parts from the glanza and other cars, blue silicone hose from a blitz FMIC, gear clamps, PVC 90 degree elbow, and a knock off K&N cone filter...plus one zip tie for safety

Cold Air Intake routed down beside the battery against the fan shroud.

20150216_192907_zps8oposojw.jpg

Tight fit, but doesn't rub on anything, sits nice against the fan shroud and doesn't get in the way of the fan blades for the radiator.

20150216_193045_zpsxszf1dqd.jpg

20150216_193110_zpspyvmwmq1.jpg

One zip tie to keep it from rattling, but its so snug between everything that it really doesn't move. Bunch of gear clamps need some trimming of their excess.

20150216_193344_zpsnb2vszdy.jpg

Just pokes out underneath, I will put the underbody liner back on once I finish the exhaust...if it needs some adjusting it should be easy.

20150216_193326_zpssocayogf.jpg

Thats about it! It sounds awesome now.

This car is a complete project for me, so it was fun to tinker and not spend the ridiculous amount of money I normally would on a aftermarket intake :)

What else are you taking away? You can buy relocation filter kits from Monster Motorsport which sit in front of the radiator, shorter route..

The ac I will be removing soon...which could make room for that relocation short route intake.

Edited by GlanzaCanada
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed BC racing coil overs quickly the other day!

20150301_152003_zps3hd27z0t.jpg

20150301_151823_zps4sdhspcs.jpg

20150301_151807_zpsc5igssqy.jpg

20150301_151604_zpsrzoxqcm0.jpg

The drop has really helped the look and stance, the fronts can go down about another inch, the rears have about 2 inches to play with still.

This was how they were setup from the factory, and to be honest it looks pretty good. The fronts I think are good where they are, the rears I will bring down another half inch or so.