shimming new cams

I've just fitted some new cams which are re grinds And require larger shims. I've heard they're available from toyota but I haven't researched yet. Has anyone done this in the past? Once I've measured the difference that I need, how do I go about ordering the shims? Does anywhere else do them or is it purely a toyota job?

Cheers :)!!

Fuck me $10 per shim haha!?

Cheers guys. I think the first step is to measure them so I have an idea what to look for.

Just to clarify with measuring morgey, use feeler gauges with current shims in and lobes pointing up, remove cams and add the current shim thickness to the gap and subtract the tollerance required??

shims aint cheap im affaid. Id expect nearly £7-8 each hench why i mentioned scrappy runs.

Yeah thats it. You may find you can move some around to save you buying all 16.

You can also get them ground to height by a machine shop if you dont have enough clearance.

Measure up and go to a scrapyard first i'd say.

Me and Sam both set about raiding u pull it near york. Came away with about 100 shims of varying sizes from the toyotas.

Some scrappys can be funny about you removing cams though... U pull it are but they never knew lol

Did you find any other engines that had the same size shims? Trying to break down the list of cars to search for haha :).