sorry people, looks like im here to stay ;)

hello everyone, although I have only recently signed up and started posting (mainly in parts wanted / for sale) we have owned our little glanza v for over two years now! I say we but the car is my wifes and she loves it!

reason I have just joined and started this thread is that we decided about a month ago that our glanza really needs a lot of attention to get it back to the standard we would want (she is a little tatty) and decided the best option was to sell her, use the money plus a little extra and buy a replacement......

SEHHAC.jpg

so we bought a 200sx (s14a) 1 week later and thankfully the glanza hasn't sold and the 200 has!!!! with the decision there is no replacing our lil glanza as its just too good at what it does!!

so the restoration project has begun. in process of getting quotes on full respray (in gun metal / grey) and getting prices on parts required to restore her to her former glory!

currently the car has hks mushroom filter, blitz exhaust, trd shocks and springs (from when originally imported from japan) boost and oil pressure gauges, hks actuator, sticker bombing and custom headlining

the plan is to port the wastegate (yes she over boosts no matter how low you set actuator) and replace rad with alloy one, replace cam belt, tensioner, idlers and water pump. replace wishbones and ball joints, all cv boots and driveshaft seals, refurb wheels professionally (as I did it last time with rattle cans hahaha) replace indicators with clear ones, replace ducktail and front bumper (with late spec item) replace seats with the much nicer late spec ones (if I can actually source some) if not I may just fit the seats from my old supercharged 'rolla ;)

any input would be greatly appreciated as even though I am a main dealer mechanic (sorry) by trade I openly admit I don't know it all and bow down to the knowledge of others on the ukso :drinks::thumbsup:

here are some pics if anyone is interested (and if this imageshack thing works hahaha)...

cF51JS.jpg

gQW3Ij.jpg

0hPlzM.jpg
b6QrPc.jpg
JmKuXU.jpg
XWYcJE.jpg

cWFfV1.jpgwEXOte.jpgvSgDvD.jpgcbol1i.jpg5HGo74.jpgwiaMwQ.jpgONUNz5.jpgnUEM6U.jpgCB7Wvy.jpgP5bnrw.jpg

any way thanks for looking and sorry if I should have posted elsewhere :crazy:

Edited by webbleg

cheers chaps, best thing about the roof is I never had to touch it! The Mrs and her brother did it does look cool! Yeah the back windows have genuine "starlet" mirrored film on them from jap land, was on rear window too but was all mankey so removed it but side windows were ok so I left it.

forgot to mention I did grooved disks and ebc pads all round too!

hopefully ill keep tho thread alive with what follows or should I start a new one not in new owners?

cheers chaps, best thing about the roof is I never had to touch it! The Mrs and her brother did it does look cool! Yeah the back windows have genuine "starlet" mirrored film on them from jap land, was on rear window too but was all mankey so removed it but side windows were ok so I left it.

forgot to mention I did grooved disks and ebc pads all round too!

hopefully ill keep tho thread alive with what follows or should I start a new one not in new owners?

start one in owners progress blogs! :thumbsup: