Seeing as most people now have the manifold from the Corrola, i have been wondering, is the engine a 4E-FE same as the Starlet?? If so what are the differences to make the car produce 85bhp, and does it have the same engine mounts and transmission?? If it does, would there be any reason why the 1.6 engine or any other engine from them not fit into the Starlet??

Cheers.

the 4efe corolla engine's only differences are the manifold and injectors, so not much point mate.

The 1.6 would fit size wise but is a 4afe the 'a' range will have different mounts and could be a bugger to sort out the wiring

i think two mounts are different on the 4afe. and the rolla 4efe also has a different ecu with a higher rev limit, but ive tried one on my starly and it wouldnt start, so theres that idea out the window.

in regards to the engine change, as si said the wiring is gonna be the biggest problem, no offence to anyone on here (as i dont mean it to offend), but engine conversions are alot harder than most people think, take me for example, i had my 5efhe bolted in place with a new clutch fitted, gearbox bolted up, ignition system changed over, and because of a small issue with the ignition wiring, it wouldnt start. so it had to take out all my hard work and re fit it the old engine, only for that not to start when i got it back in... all in all, it was one of the worst weeks ive ever had.

Rich.

o, i totally agree! B)

all im saying is that they are not a case of just 'dropping it in' its best to find somewhere that are expeienced in engine conversions, a few people i know of have been stung by dodgy conversions. :D:rolleyes:

anyway didnt mean to put anyone off!!

Rich.

im sure the starly 4efe has this system too... as i used a 4efe corolla whole distributor when mine was being dodgy... its identical and works fine.

Rich.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im talking about the 'bug eyed' corrollas (85BHP). the previous type corrolla (95-97) used the exact same engine and electronics as the starlet(74BHP). the earlier version (93-95 same shell though) used a different ecu and inlet manifold which produced 88 BHP. im a toyota mechanic so im pretty sure i know what im talking about. :rolleyes:

im talking about the 'bug eyed' corrollas (85BHP). the previous type corrolla (95-97) used the exact same engine and electronics as the starlet(74BHP). the earlier version (93-95 same shell though) used a different ecu and inlet manifold which produced 88 BHP. im a toyota mechanic so im pretty sure i know what im talking about.

fair enough! i was just saying that ive used a corolla distributor on mine, wasnt aware of the different spec.

got any pics?

Rich.

fair enough! i was just saying that ive used a corolla distributor on mine, wasnt aware of the different spec.

got any pics?

Rich.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which if these two is the more powerful if tht is possible??? jus thinking about a better spark?