Smoke in traffic

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I'm based in Namibia,Windhoek, I'm experiencing the same problem of smoke right now and I've ordered a service kit for the turbo,seals etc.will have the turbo balanced as well.But everytime I slow down in traffic my revs drop a lil n my oil light flickers.is there a way to up the oil pressure? Any suggestions what's causing it? Motor has been overhauled complete with new oil pump the works.help!

Bhex do not drive the car till it gets sorted, yes it could be the swtich but this happened to me once upon a time on idle the oil light was flickering, ignored it for a few weeks, bye bye engine time for a rebuilt so had my engine rebuilt from scratch

Took of the sump and to cut a story short bearings/shells were fooked

Edited by patman
  • 3 weeks later...

When I didn't really know much Ollie mate my oil light was flickering for a few weeks, obviously wasn't driving the car everyday and when I checked the shells they were not to good but wasn't getting any knocking either, the Pistons had play in them aswell, and of course had blue smoke on start up out the back, this was suppose to be an engine which only did 5000 miles from a rebuild so the pervious owner said so that was it the whole lot got done again