What is the uk spec 4efe stArlet gearbox

General rule of thumb with toyota boxes

2 digit is thicker gears

3 digit is narrow gears (this is the case with C series boxes)

the 4, 5 or 6 dictates the amount of gears.

C52,56 turbo boxes, thicker gears.

C150 uk spec

Problem with this is i think the lsd box is a c153 but that should have thicker gears lol

#tomuchinfo haha

Every manual EP91 on trade car view (in Japan obviously, UK or Japan should make no difference id of thought, they were all made in the same factory) that has a pic of the chassis plate says C140-01A. Cant see them all being 4 speeds ?! I know you got EP82 N/a in 4 speed.

For example https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/starlet/15941471/

yes that was me although there wasn't really anything wrong as such just wined a bit on tick over couldn't hear it once moving I'm only wondering cas I have since put a 5efe engine and box in and i just wondered wich one would be better in my car, I'm not gona put the old one back in but there's another 1 with low milage in my yard and wondered if it's worth getting before it's scrapped to go in mine otherwise I won't bother thanks

well you got that car for a bargain :) i would have snapped it up if i had the funds at the time. so youve put a 5E in that SR :) sounds good

yer it pulls nice got loads more torque and got a nice 100hp corolla 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and inlet to fit also so should finish the change off nicely