Cheap crap or a good deal?

In the next month or so im going to be looking at getting the suspension sorted on the starlet. With so many options its hard to decide what to do for the best and it certainly isnt cheap. Now ive found this shock and spring package on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Starlet-Lower...7QQcmdZViewItem

To me this looks like typical fleabay cheap crap. Has anyone herd of this company or ever used any products etc. or should I just stay well clear like I first thought?

Thats a nice offer but I dont wanna go that low, not to my taste. I was under the impression KYB shocks were same as standard therefore pointless with lower springs. Think im just going to lower it on standard shocks and then hope they last a few months while i save for Koni's. Is there no other cheaper alternative to koni's? Buy the time ive paid for all that i could have sorted some colivers. I just cant seem to find any cheaper alternatives :)

kayaba mate all sorts of different shocks. whoever told you they are the same as standard either A ) doesnt know what they are talking about or B ) trying to sell you some Konis.

i have some Kayaba SR shocks, and they are as good as the coilovers they replaced.

David, 57 mm drop might seem low but it certainly dosnt look that low. I'll look out a couple of pics.

Im sure KYB shocks would be better than factory standard shocks. These are your best alternatives to Konis. Only differance is being able to change the damping. They are pretty much brand new and would last a good while. Tien springs alone are £140 so £250 for nearly new suspension package is a bargain :)

kayaba mate all sorts of different shocks. whoever told you they are the same as standard either A ) doesnt know what they are talking about or B ) trying to sell you some Konis.

i have some Kayaba SR shocks, and they are as good as the coilovers they replaced.

It was something toby said in this thread that made me think KYB were same as standard

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....ic=6614&hl=

@SCOOBY-MODDERS get me some pics but i still dont think id like the drop, Would you consider selling just the shocks seperate?

Im sure the company you get them teins from are bullshitting to be honest :)

Bourkeys didnt look very low either where as muddyells Starlet is lowered 40mm and looks as low if not lower than mine ;)

I know what you mean sparky. I wasnt too impressed with the ride height. I was expecting it to be lower.

I wrote to Tein and response was....

Hi Mike

Thanks for the mail.

I need to know if the customer's car is the turbo fwd EP91.

I also need to know what the customers ride height is from centre of the wheel to top of arch (f + r).

On the car tested in Japan, the standard measurement for this dimension was front 370mm and rear 365mm as the OEM figure.

The figures we returned after fitting SKT90-S1B00 were front 313mm and rear 315mm.

If the customer is using standard dampers, I would expect similar figures returned for them too.

Please let me know the result.

Kind regards

I took the measurements, front was 5 mm higher but rear was spot on.

The 40mm drop on mine is pretty damn low too, more like this:

DSC01489.jpg

I have TRD springs on KYB shocks. Sticks well round corners imo, considering all the tracking is out etc etc etc ;) so I'd recommend the shocks :)

Here is a list :)

http://www.kayaba.co.uk/distributor/products_types.html