How are people blowing up there engines? Are these car getting unreliable

Its actually a wonder starlets are not extinct at the rate that they were blowing up and getting broken, its not as bad now it seems, but a couple year ago there was a breaking thread once a day because someone blew up their engine fs

That being said its easy to do, youre not a true starlet owner until youve blew a 4E into tiny pieces, its all part of the fun :p

130k miles on mine, original headgasket, daily driven and hammered when I want to. Still running good after a long time at 1 bar or more, although i've had 3 clutches and 2 turbos. Keep it serviced, get handy with spanners and look after it, it'll last as long as the rep if treated well.

The problem you have in a way is these cars are bought and drove hard as they are cheap little pocket rockets. When you go look at it unless you know the guy or maybe seen It on here you don't really know how the car has been treated. You like to hope that it has been well kept and maintained to a high standard. My integra has no history as such but it was well maintained as I have all the receipts from the previous owner since he imported it into the uk. All the services he did which where only a few months apart different pieces replaced so I know this car was well looked after and I have carried it on. I would buy another car this way if it didn't have any garage history but had lots of paper work of parts bought like service items. The only thing that it would need as a must would be a cambelt done buy a garage that is the only thing that my Teg did get done at a garage.

'funny onion' Everyone knows who mapped your car, give it a fucking rest! Countless amounts of folk have had amazing results and are still spot on to this day :)

so that means shes gotta keep quiet and not mention anything? you make me laugh its a forum she can put what she wants. if someone has a bad experience with anyone

they can write about it if they want to. if someone has a great reputation it dont necessarily mean they are all that great. i found this out with tm developments.

Edited by richglanzav

so that means shes gotta keep quiet and not mention anything? you make me laugh its a forum she can put what she wants. if someone has a bad experience with anyone

they can write about it if they want to. if someone has a great reputation it dont necessarily mean they are all that great. i found this out with tm developments.

Agreed

Not to get involved here with it because I have good relationships with both Charlotte and TD but I don't think MattyD is saying that people should not have their say. By all means people should share their experiences with tuners, traders and members as all feedback should be heard.. Looking at MattyD's post he is saying that Charlotte has had her say, posted the issues that she has had and it's all there for people to see. That should be enough.

Matt.

'funny onion' Everyone knows who mapped your car, give it a fucking rest! Countless amounts of folk have had amazing results and are still spot on to this day :)

You can't say anything your always making sly comments about Race-Tech.

Buying any car is a roll of the dice new or old everyone will have bad and good experience's one way or another just have to do your research and plan carefully I would say buy spare's just incase don't get Dave Gizzmo to turn your boost up lol