Ever seen one of these? OEM

Yeah its a bell that goes off when you get to 105kmph, or 105mph if you have a speedo converter.

whats a speed chime?

I'm sure browner has one on that 71turbo makes a noise like a door bell when you hit 100kph I think lol

Its a JDM option/standard on some cars.

If you have ever watched Initial D in the first stage when Takumi is racing you can hear it going off in the in car shots

Yeah its a bell that goes off when you get to 105kmph, or 105mph if you have a speedo converter.

Its a JDM option/standard on some cars.

If you have ever watched Initial D in the first stage when Takumi is racing you can hear it going off in the in car shots

What a awesome sound it is

Why though? what's the point of them? they sound mega cool i judt don't understand lol. I remember it from initial d now but i've only seen it once.

Think it would be to warn you that you are going to fast and try to bug you so you slow down so it switches off? just a guess really but i think thats what it is for

Why though? what's the point of them? they sound mega cool i judt don't understand lol. I remember it from initial d now but i've only seen it once.

Yeah, its a reminder in Japan.100kmph is the max speed on the expressway. So it goes off just over that to remind you that you are speeding.

Pointless and probably really annoying over here. But I can deal with annoying for extra JDM option-ness, and the ability to tell a story.

Plus we drove from Leeds to Poole in my mates AE86 with the bell going and it really wasnt that annoying