External wastegate noise

If I was to vent the wastegate to atmosphere rather than back into the exhaust, is it much louder at WOT?

Any have any issues at places like donington with this type of setup?

Yeah as above its pretty loud when it's wide open, I've always ran it and have a hks silent power exhaust so it's nice when your on the loud pedal. Got a few track days coming up, hopefully it'll be ok, heard a fair few other cars (skylines etc) running an external dump and they don't seem to get flagged off

I think the DB level with exhausts is a little deceiving sometimes. I mean for example, if you're stood a mile away from my car at WOT you probably wouldn't hear it, but stood near it it's pretty loud... Yet when it used to be internally gated with a japspeed exhaust, you'd hear it for miles but when stood next to it, it wasn't as bad.... Deeper notes travel further I think, and screamers are very high pitched... But I'm not sure which is actually louder, or if it's possible for deeper but quieter notes to travel further than louder high pitched notes... Either way my best answer for you is to try a DB meter haha.