Tial ewg inconsistencies

Morning chaps and chapettes

Following a recent ewg thread I want to branch of that

Basically since the car has been mapped it's been off the road more than on

And boost control has been fuckeries

I've been straining my brain over the last few months over this car.

Okay so it started after it was mapped it seemed as though the gfb ebc was broke and just wouldn't control the gate. I still haven't got to the bottom of this. But since then I've slapped a mbc on it and that worked magic holding psi perfect until now where not even that seems to be controlling it.

The wastegate has a 1bar(spring) in and it just wants to fly over that.

I just don't understand why a (quality product) can go so inconsistent

It's like someone has cursed me and the glanza

Which tail is it and what combination of springs in the Wastegate did you use?.. My HKS EVC when reset after fitting the EWG turbo kit kept wanting to go well over 1 bar. Once it was mapped and the EVC set up during mapping. It sits bang on 1 bar. I use a combination of springs to run 0.8 bar in the wastegate and the EBC to gain to 1 bar

Leak split vac pipe ?

Have you tried running it on just the wg?

( and not just with ebc turned off but with all the piping off the wg so there is definitely no bleeding of pressure happening )

Phil

Edited by Phil

Leak split vac pipe ?

( and not just with ebc turned off but with all the piping off the wg so there is definitely no bleeding of pressure happening )

Phil

Yeah this I will eliminate the issue with the WG and then I would say it's the EBC.

Chances of both the ebc and mbc being broken seems unlikely. I'da thought its an issue with the wastegate or a hose to it. As i said in the other thread, a guy on driftworks pressure tested them

And found tials leak boost pressure ALOT

Which tail is it and what combination of springs in the Wastegate did you use?.. My HKS EVC when reset after fitting the EWG turbo kit kept wanting to go well over 1 bar. Once it was mapped and the EVC set up during mapping. It sits bang on 1 bar. I use a combination of springs to run 0.8 bar in the wastegate and the EBC to gain to 1 bar

It's a tial f38 with 1bar spring matt

Although it is about 3 years old

Not that's a problem

Leak split vac pipe ?

Phil

Offcourse Phillips, initially when I thought the ebc broke I tested it back then and it ran on spring pressure fine

But now it's not playing ball

Chances of both the ebc and mbc being broken seems unlikely. I'da thought its an issue with the wastegate or a hose to it. As i said in the other thread, a guy on driftworks pressure tested them

I've tested for hoses they are nearly new anyway, when I had it on my td04 setup it never missed a beat. I'm going to inspect for carbon build up on the wastegate shaft, this could be fouling it's operation

Def not what I was suggesting, but rather some shared piping used by both mbc and ebc would cause the same issue if there Is a tiny split in a vac line or t piece.

You striped it back to just the wastegate and it held solid before, do that again you see what happens.

If your at the point of considering a new wg id say being certain yours is faulty is high in priorities

Phil

Phil

Never said it was mate, just adding my 2ps worth :)

Def not what I was suggesting, but rather some shared piping used by both mbc and ebc would cause the same issue if there Is a tiny split in a vac line or t piece.

You striped it back to just the wastegate and it held solid before, do that again you see what happens.

If your at the point of considering a new wg id say being certain yours is faulty is high in priorities

Phil

Never said it was mate, just adding my 2ps worth :)

Edited by Ollieh17

Haha and if we being pedantic...

And in a similar vein I didn't say that you were saying that I had suggested it was both mbc and ebc.

I was merely clarifying that what you said was not what I had meant.

:)

Me: The sky's blue,

You: Yes but the grass IS green

Sounds like an argument but it's not :)

Phil

Edited by Phil

Ah my bad looked like we were on the same page tbh

We weren't a million miles away,

sure the sky only appears to be blue?! Lol

@will

I hope it is something simple and you can solve it soon. I'd def recommend going back to wg only to check it out.

Phil