brake caliper/wheel gap question

So today I fitted my 16" volks to my dc2, with the brakes being 320x30mm and the calipers being 6 pots the wheels literally only just fit over the calipers with around a 2mm gap between them and the spokes and the inside of the wheel... Now I've run things close for years but am I taking the piss? Do calipers or could calipers physically grow with heat for it for it to be an issue? I know things are built to tight tolerance's and all but it's super close lol

Wheels do flex slightly, especially since you do a lot of track work may be safest to run some thin spacers.

Im more concerned about if they expand at all when they get hot like most things do, I'm already on a 10mm hubcentric at the mo lol I may have to go 12mm

The two main changes are the outer half of the caliper moving closer to the spokes due to flex when you stand on the pedal (can be tested with the car at-rest), the main thing that expands with heat is the disc itself - as long as it's got room in the caliper to do that it won't be an issue.

Get some bigger spacers Marc. I had a bit of a disaster at JF2 where the calipers expanded causing them to grind against the wheels. Both front wheels (freshly refurbished Advan RG's) are now scrap.

Worth noting that standard calipers are pulled away from the wheel under braking whereas 4-pots flex towards the wheel (not by much or course!!!!).

BUT - a standard sliding caliper with old pads will be further from the wheel, the time to REALLY check is when fitting new pads! :D