DET marks on pistons

Right, so as most of you know the forged engine I have suffered a piston ring failure and there are some DET marks on the top of a couple of the pistons.

Posted Image

They look very minor but if I was able to just buy new rings and clean up these pistons would it be safe to use them?

Or is it worth spending £500 on a new set?

Sorry- I totally didn't read the first few lines i just looked at the pictures haha

If they're forged then i'd clean them up and put new rings on them. Ideally you would want to replace but if you don't want to spend that much money (which i wouldn't) i'd try a new set of rings and a clean up.

Why has it been det'ing? is it mapped?

Sorry- I totally didn't read the first few lines i just looked at the pictures haha

If they're forged then i'd clean them up and put new rings on them. Ideally you would want to replace but if you don't want to spend that much money (which i wouldn't) i'd try a new set of rings and a clean up.

Most probly because before Charlie had it things were changed and the map wasn't checked or tweaked to suit :)

Edited by akyakapotter

It was Rob Ebbs engine and wasn't mapped correctly hence the DET.

Don't forget the bores will need a hone otherwise the rings will never seal against the bore properly.

Them pistons look ok, as above I would get them cleaned up and check all other area's of the pistons, make sure their in tolerence and away you go.