Valve clearances help

work out how much to thick each one is number each one bag them up and take them to a machine shop. Give them a list of how much needs taking off each one.

They will then grind off the required amount off of each one, renumber Them and then you can just wack them straight back in. I could do it in like 20mins at my place so would be like £10-15 max

work out how much to thick each one is number each one bag them up and take them to a machine shop. Give them a list of how much needs taking off each one.

They will then grind off the required amount off of each one, renumber Them and then you can just wack them straight back in. I could do it in like 20mins at my place so would be like £10-15 max

wish it was that easy morgey, I live miles away from any machine shop. Plus it's all abit of a rush job atm arrgg,

If youve changed the valves then the seating will have changed So would quite likely need reshimming.

Look through rob H's sr turbo build he ran different specs to recommended so you might get away with it.

I did mine to the toyota book spec but the n/a book but there sod all differance in the turbo spec to the n/a anyway. I would not do them hot tho as you would end up with very sore finges lol and the toyota book says to do them cold too.

If there new valves on fresh cut seats they will tend to get tighter as they run in, not much tho if they where well lapped in. I did mine twice once when the enine was on the stand and again after around 1500 miles and most had got a bit tighter if anything. The engineering place that did the cutting and grinding on my valves did recommend setting the clearances after the running in anyway as all it will cause if there a bit tight is slightly lower compression. And theres no chance of contact of the valves anyway. So imo If there not daft tight I would build it up and get it tuned and then fine tune the clearances. But only if there not too tight!

What do they measure anyway?

I was having a laf! but thinking about it you would still need to take the rocker cover off and stuff with a hot engine so youd still have steaming fingers lol but theres very few engines that you check the clearances on when there hot these days and long gone are the days we used to check them on a running engine HSE would have a heart attack lol