high temp intercooler help, please read.

so as a few of you know I did brands yesterday and my front mount intercooler thats the size of the stock topmount was hitting temps of 44 degrees and stayed there for everytime I was out.it peaked at 50 degrees

this is way to high for my liking. question is what will fit under my na bumper but be big enough to keep my temps to a safer level please.

any help/suggestions and or pictures of yours would be gratefully received.

thanks

Nothing wrong with those temps mate, when you start getting to 60-70 degrees that's when engines don't like it and it becomes increasingly harder to control detonation without using exotic fuels.

What I would suggest is getting a temp probe and sticking it after the turbo, but before the intercooler. That will give you a good estimation of how efficient your intercooler is. Can do a simple sum... (T2-T1) *100 will give you intercooler efficiency. Where T2 is the temperature after intercooler, and T1 is before intercooler :thumbsup:

Im sure i read that Youre actually better having no gap between the ic and the rad as the air that passes through the ic then buffers/swirls and creates a barrier Between the both of them.

This is very true! even better is to have something like a door seal/ draft excluder sealing them together too so the fan pulls the air through the cooler then the rad! I carnt do this tho as my fans on the wrong side lol