OEM MR2 W3 LSD diff from MR-S fitting to starlet?

Hi

can somebody tell if the OEM LSD diff from MR-2 fits in a Glanza gearbox? think its also an C-family gearbox.

would such LSD stand Glanza with 180PS-190PS ?

ths MR2 LSD also got 8 bolts like glanza DIFF

WHAT IS THIS FOR AN KIT?

http://www.mts-motorsport.com/PhantomGrip-LSD-Kit-TOYOTA-STARLET

someone used it?

Edited by german4efte

Theres mixed ideas on whether the mrs diff will fit. Personally i would say it would as its a C series box like the V is And they both use the 8 bolt ring gear too.

the corolla tsport boys all use the mrs lsd and they put out 190hp stock but its the torque that would be the issue but i doubt it would be much of a problem tbh.

The phantom grip is a make shift lsd for a open diff. Have a look on youtube at how they work iirc they opperate more like a 2 way which isnt great for a fwd car

thank you, the torque could be problem, dont realy know what my car gots. I use tongs CT9 and mapped MAX 1,2 bar for short overboost with 370cc injectors....it feels like much torque, would be bad if the OEM N/A diff break. This damage my complete gearbox

The phantom grip seams shit...dont realy believe this can work. Some honda drivers use it an got bad damages (google said)

the mr-s lsd wont fit the c52/56, it has different dimensions its too big, the diff bearing are a different size and also the number drive shaft splines are different 20 vs 23. The bolt spacing of the ring gear is also different

@pockrockgtti

thank you for these accurate post. you tryed it? this is no good answer for me, but so i can save the re-shipping if your sure

i watched at TRD lsd page, these also got different TRD numbers. So i think its for sure that this wont fit :-(

Edited by german4efte

this gearbox is already found....price is ok, but what should i do with the 6 speed gearbox....dont realy want fo put it in my corolla, the gear ratios are not so good in my opinion, i always have to shift....i`ll think about

thank you for your help

6 speed box is one of the best mods in my 20v corolla. Just miss 5th if you're being lazy but when you want to have some fun they make the car so lively :)

You will need to mod your shifter assembly to allow the extra travel over into reverse :)

this gearbox is already found....price is ok, but what should i do with the 6 speed gearbox....dont realy want fo put it in my corolla, the gear ratios are not so good in my opinion, i always have to shift....i`ll think about

thank you for your help

just take the lsd out of the 6sp levin gearbox and put it in a 5sp c52/56 thats what i did

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the ae111 lsd is an internal lsd so you use all of your none lsd parts to fit it.

And the levin 6 speed box doesnt have the 3 bolt holes in the front of the box for the mount but you could strip your 5 speed box and put the 6 speed internals into your casing then just bolt the 6 speed endcasing on to house the extra gears.

The c160 box uses thinner gears though so is less suitable for high power than the c52/56

Yeah the ae111 lsd is an internal lsd so you use all of your none lsd parts to fit it.

And the levin 6 speed box doesnt have the 3 bolt holes in the front of the box for the mount but you could strip your 5 speed box and put the 6 speed internals into your casing then just bolt the 6 speed endcasing on to house the extra gears.

The c160 box uses thinner gears though so is less suitable for high power than the c52/56

ah ha understood :)

Thanks

Phil

Edited by Phil

my problem is, the MR-S DIFF doesnt FIT ! to thick ! !

fitting it self is no problem, no magic.

Where can i find OEM AE111 LSD?

Quaife will be cool option, but VEEEEERRRRY expensive !

Helical LSD would be great, no service cost. only put in and ready

KAAZ service is crazy, every 3500-5000miles new oil, KAAZ oil !..NO ! !

my problem is, the MR-S DIFF doesnt FIT ! to thick ! !

fitting it self is no problem, no magic.

Where can i find OEM AE111 LSD?

Quaife will be cool option, but VEEEEERRRRY expensive !

Helical LSD would be great, no service cost. only put in and ready

KAAZ service is crazy, every 3500-5000miles new oil, KAAZ oil !..NO ! !

is it bad i read all your posts in a german accent and laugh to myself?

sorry if this post didnt help anyone.

just had to confess.

Phil

hihi....no problem i know my english is not best one

i live in germany and only learned school english (long time ago)

but in gemrnay i never found help or parts for my 4efte project so i need help from all over the world. Especially finding parts is hard