Fuel pump cover: Glue?

Hi guys, I've just replaced my fuel pump in my glanza and in wanting to re-glue the fuel pump cover down again.

The factory glue is soft and sticky and I'm after the same stuff to replace it with. I don't want to glue it down with a product that will make it to difficult to remove later.

Cheers.

I'm going to use a bond sealant for mine just a slight run around the outside be easy enough to heat off at a later date, I have noticed the wires run into the rubber seal on the 98's but the 97's have a clip so you can disconnect the pump to remove the lid anyone else the same?

Thanks guys. The original stuff still does stick but it's not the best seal. I'm getting petrol fumes in the cabin. I'm going to try to use sikalastimer.

Mine is a 1997, and it has a clip on the cover to hold the plug.

Yeah there probably is a bit of spilt petrol in there. I glued it down using Sikalastomer 710. Once it goes off it is very similar to the original glue. It remains soft and sticky. We use it when fitting stainless steel deck fittings on yachts.

did your fuel pump sit straight like the oem pump? i got one from here and it sits at an angle. filter facd one way and outlet at the top the other so it sits at an angle. can one side be rotated?