Basically ct9 hybrid has a bigger inlet and comp wheel compared to stock ct9. TD04 is a completely different turbo usually used on Subarus. CT9 hybrids are rated to 180- 250hp and TD04 210-300hp

Ct9 hybrid will give you more power than the stock ct9 with no additional lag. TD04 will give more power than a ct9 but will have more lag, although apparently the lag isn't bad at all! I like the insta boost from a ct9 but it's personal preference I guess.

For the same or there about's money wise TD04 is the popular choice, the lag is really not bad even with a lighter flywheel power wise it all depends on how healthy your engine is I would only go TD04 if you have LSD/ going forged but everyone's opinions are different anything over 230 in a fwd car especially as light as these is useless power but with LSD I would imagine anything past 300 is ridiculous to me, it's breaking the car so to speak. Keep it drive able but as I say everyone's different weather it be response, top end power etc wepr's a good place to start or TD's billet TD04's