I've been pondering the idea of selling my glanza v as im needing something to tow a jetski!

Im the second owner since it's been imported the shell has 130k and is in good condition for it's age but unfortunately has a couple park dings

It's a 96 sunroof model

spec as follows

Engine wössner 75mm forged pistons

Crower forged con rods

ACL full bearing set

Cruise uprated valve springs

New Toyota oil pump

New water pump

Timing belt kit

Toyota engine gasket set

Athena MLS headgasket

ARP head bolt kit

race spec rocker cover

NGK iridium spark plugs heat range 7

Td fpr kit

magnecor blue ignition leads

Jperformance oil catch can

spec 6puk unsprung paddle clutch

Td 3.8kg lightened flywheel

Gt gearbox

greddy emanage ecu mapped at 1.2bar 207bhp

sard manifold and de-cat

sard k24 kkk turbo

Tial external wastegate with screamer pipe front mounted intercooler

relocated air behind the front grill

Blitz nur spec R full exhaust system

bc fully adjustable coilovers all round

P1 light weight 15 " alloys

Ebc red pads

98 spec rear lights

98 spec clear indicators

Defi boost gauge with control box.

I had it forged by tuning developments and they run it in the rolling road i have all the receipts for proof.

Since ive had it rebuilt its done approximately 5k and runs spot on, it's running a safe 207bhp it pulls hard and the turbo hits full boost between 3.5-4rpm and keeps going!

overall the car is very clean and tidy inside and out and ive serviced the engine every 3k with new oil ect and i also keep the engine clean.

I've put a lot of time and money into my car and its been my pride and joy im gutted to have to sell it but i can't afford to run this and another car so it's time to let her go :(

Im after £5,000 im open to reasonable offers!

Anything you want to know feel free to pm me

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Because it's bulletproof and i went for reliability!!! if i want more power i can bolt a garrett turbo straight onto my sard manifold and remap it ! But as most people know it's not all about the figures it how it feels to drive!

Why would you forged the motor and run 207bhp when the standard motor is good for 240 safe?

Oh lol. What a question. :crazy:

Good luck with the sale bud - car looks a nice example. Rare SARD Mani too. :thumbsup:

I beg to differ. With decent/correct mapping can be perfectly reliable.

The issue is finding a decent 4efte base. There all old and high mileage now. Will be a case of worn out. Rather then unsafe.

But fair play to forge for reliability. :)

I don't see the big deal with the engine being forged and running 207, my first engine deaded then i bought a second hand forged engine witch turned out to have worn cylinders so i had it rebuilt and forged again i was expecting my k24 to put out more than 207 but tbh i was more than happy with it after driving it and the point is it's a spanking rebuilt engine witch hasn't been ragged the living f#ck out of!!

Because it's bulletproof and i went for reliability!!! if i want more power i can bolt a garrett turbo straight onto my sard manifold and remap it ! But as most people know it's not all about the figures it how it feels to drive!

Hit the nail on the head here all people want to do with starlets is max them out and break them nothing wrong with 200bhp it's a 1.3 at the end of the day good luck with the sale you can tell it's been well loved :)

Hit the nail on the head here all people want to do with starlets is max them out and break them nothing wrong with 200bhp it's a 1.3 at the end of the day good luck with the sale you can tell it's been well loved :)

Exactly. I've had 3 starlets now. None forged. I love mine TD04 @ 1 bar :D sounds awesome and is so fun to drive...

If I was going forged at any point then it would be for that magic 300bhp :D haha!!!

Robsr what you on about perfectly good qeustion why spend 2k on forging the motor and not running over 240

As other people have mentioned, you don't just forge one for power, you can also rebuild them for reliability which is obviously the route mikey has gone..not an issue is it?