P reg Glanza V for sale (ex Iamlegend's car)

Year: 1996
Model: Glanza V EP91
Tax: will not carry over due to new laws but roughly 9 months left
MOT: July 2015
Mileage: 131,000km

Forged engine mileage: approx 4000

Price: £5000 BARGAIN!

Contact Details: 07840 040425 or medium2rare25@yahoo.co.uk or PM me

Description: 96 P reg Glanza V, in black, auto box. It was a very well known car on the UKStarlets forum, I bought it just under two years ago and I can safely say it's been (by far) the best car I have ever owned. The only reason I'm selling is due to needing a bigger, more practical (aka boring) car now that I have a family.

Apart from breaking down on the day I moved house last year, it's been 100% reliable and an absolute dream to own. It was a fairly major breakdown, and I spent just under 2k on some serious rebuilding and re-engineering to get it back to full health. The work was done by Quest Motorsport in Essex who have done quite a lot of work on some of the local Glanzas; they are well known for the quality of their work. No expense was spared on the original build or during my ownership/the previous ownership of this car, it's had an insane amount of money lavished on it but at least you'll know you're getting one of the best if you decide to take it off my hands!

This may sound ridiculous with a car like this, but I NEVER thrash or abuse it. Obviously I put my foot down occasionally, as anyone would with a car like this, but I never redline it or race/track it. It's my daily driver and I'm mid thirties, wife and young son, respectable job, mortgage etc, so I don't drive it like a boy racer. If anything, a car of this spec and power is wasted on someone like me!

It's a genuinely great all round car to live with as a daily - the boot is suprisingly big for a small car (three times the size of a Lupo/Arosa boot), can easily carry three adults and a baby seat, it's even reasonably economical to drive if you keep it off boost - I can get about 300 miles out of a tank (£40 from empty) and I have always used V-Power Nitro+

Hardly anything has changed during my 2 year ownership from when I bought it, so the text below is lifted from the original for sale advert. I have all the details of the work carried out at Quest if anyone would like to see it.

I paid £5550 in September 2013, I've put well over £2000 into it during my ownership just on maintanence! So I'm looking for £5000 which I think is very reasonable, given the spec. Have a look on the Starlet/Glanza forums - you won't find anything anywhere near as good as mine for that money, so I won't entertain any offers for less. I would describe the condition as very good - the bodywork is completely solid and rust free but there are a few dents/parking marks/scratches/stone chips etc.

Video on the dyno

**Forged engine/tdo4 kit/FMIC /fuel pump/fluids/HT leads/spark plugs/dizzy cap&rotor arm/fuel filter/exhaust system/EBC discs/pads&braided lines/low temp thermo stat/ etc

1000 miles on these! from BRAND NEW

Engine

Tuning developments stage 2 fully forged engine- fully run in with 4 oil changes and oil filters

Wossner 74.5mm Low Compression Piston Kit with Rings and Pins
Scat 4EFTE Forged Conrod Kit with ARP Rod Bolts
Athena 1.2mm Uprated Metal Headgasket
ARP 2000 Uprated Headbolt Kit inc New Washers
Genuine Toyota Full Gasket Kit
Genuine Toyota Oil Pump Kit
OEM Water Pump Kit
OEM Cambelt Kit inc Idler & Tensioner
ACL Main Bearing Kit
ACL Big End Bearing Kit
ACL Thrust Washer Kit
Fully Machined and Polished 4EFTE Bottom End
Fully Stripped, Cleaned and Rebuilt 4EFTE Cylinder Head to Standard Spec
Block, Head and Rocker Cover Cleaned and Painted in our Tuning Developments Black and Silver Theme

460cc Injectors

J performance FMIC

WEPR external wastegated manifold/decat and screamer pipe

Tial external wastegate

Recon TD TDO4 turbo

race tech water lines & TD oil line

TD low temp thermostat

Magnecore HT leads

dean RW developments battery clamp & oil cap

twin core civic radiator with fan- toyota coolant

sard FPR with gauge

halfords battery

magnetic sump plug

dean RW developments full custom cat back exhaust system with a unreel angle back box

ID workz heat slam pannel

TD fuel pump

Purple and blue hosing i.e radiator pipes/power steering pipes

TD brake and power steering covers

powerflex engine mount

autobox mocal cooler with racing transmission fluid

NGK heat range 7 spark plugs

OEM fuel filter

OEM dizzy cap and rotor arm

pcv

Chasis

BC racing coilovers

EBC grooved discs and yellow pads

OEM front and rear 3 point brace

C pillar bar brace

hells braided brake lines all around

OEM x2 hand brake cables

15 rota grid Vs with parada spec 2 tyres 195/50/15

FULL hunter alignment

Interior

OEM fishnet recaro interior- rear seats/door cards/front seats

OMP style steering wheel

sound proofing inside

EMB ECU kit

Blitz dual boost controller

Exterior

Genuine JAM front lip/99 spec bumper & grille- fresh paint

OEM rear lip/bumper-fresh paint

OEM duck tail spoiler

ID workz live sports spoiler-fresh paint

scuttle panel- fresh paint

OEM side skirts

OEM bonnet

99 Spec facelift rear lights

NEW OEM toyota glanza headlights

tilted number plate bracket/ X2 new number plates

8000k HIDS hi/low

civic rad has custom brackets made up not cable tie

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

I forgot to mention regarding the auto... don't let it put you off! I'd never owned an auto before this and I was a bit reticent when I found out, but after 2 years of ownership I wouldn't have it any other way! It's the ultimate in lazy performance motoring, just sit back and let it drive itself! Obviously if you plan to track it (or drive it properly) then you might want to convert to manual. It's a quick and easy job if you know what you're doing, Tuning Developments quoted me around £300 to supply and fit everything needed.

Alpine head unit and 4" JBL dash speakers, Viper Cat 1 alarm/immob.

Photo links don't work bud, can you fix them please?

Cheers,

Phil.

just tried them all and they were fine for me, took me straight to the pics... do you have to be a Flickr member to see Flickr or links or something?

Although I hate to see cars been broken, if you ever break?

Contact me for that full recaro interior.

no chance, it's going complete or not at all. cheers anyway.

Would be nice to know the bhp of her Aswell ?

around 280, thats what it made on TD's rolling road after the conversion anyway.

285bhp aint it

near enough :)

What went wrong with it with you having to spend £2000 ?

it's all detailed in the build thread (search Project Impulse Purchase) but I'll find the info from Quest when I get home and post it in here.

It's impossible to get 300miles from a full tank unless it's motorway miles.

My full tank is £37 and I get 230km from a standard car town driving

Don't motorway miles count then? :thumbsup: driving is driving. I'm obviously not saying that a spirited drive will return 300 to a tank, but when I drove the car back from Newcastle to Essex, I got around 300. Cheers.

Engineers report from Quest Motorpsort, after it broke down last year and they sorted it all out for me. this was completed at the end of September 2014 and it's been perfect ever since:

"Received car in a non running condition. On trying to start the car it was very apparent that there was a compression problem.

1. carry out compression test , found pressure of 45 , 0 , 60 , 150 psi respectively from cylinder 1 on wards.

2. carry out cylinder leakdown test to determine if the problem was head or block related , cylinder leakage was 75 , 100 , 70 , 20% respectively from cylinder 1.

3. remove cylinder head , first observation head torque was no where near the 60 ft lbs specified by ARP. Once head was off it was also noted that some of the head bolt washers where in correctly fitted.

The no 5 inlet valve was stuck wide open causing the zero psi compression reading on cylinder2, the valve closed when tapped with the handle of a screw driver and did not appear to be bent.

4. all valves removed and checked for damage non where bent or damaged , but the cam follower on the no5 inlet valve on cylinder2 would not come out freely and once removed it could be seen that the bore the cam follower travels in was damaged causing the valve to stick in a certain position, the damage could have been caused by a valve spring compressor. The damaged bore was cleaned up and checked that the follower moved freely in all positions with out sticking.

5. all valves lapped in with minimal effort and vacuum checked for leakage on the bench , the head was re assembled with new valve guide seals and up rated valve springs, valve clearances were then checked , it was found all inlet valves had minimal clearance of less than .002" , all exhaust valves except 1 were below bottom limit clearance.

All valves re shimmed to give top limit clearance.

6. cylinder head re installed with new gasket after a leakage test was carried out on the pistons half way down bores, this confirmed there was no by pass, head bolts re torqued to the correct 60 lbs ft in 3 stages , then repeat sequence before cam cover was replaced.New cam belt kit installed .

7. Remove exhaust manifold as it had been blowing badly , this was refaced , also the poor quality of the manifold was addressed and all internal welds from the waste gate port and collector were dressed to removed break through and all restrictions,refit manifold. Prime oil circuits to turbo and internals ready for starting. start engine and run up to temperature, electric fan working ok . Road test car and check for any oil and water leaks. Dyno check car for boost control and AFR's, AFR's were acceptable across the rev range. it was not safe to carry out continuous dyno runs due to the poor lower gear box mount causing excessive engine movement.

Engine cold start and general running now very good , vehicle returned to customer."

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I know I'm going to look really ignorant here, asking questions about my own car which I've owned for two years..... but does anyone know if it has an LSD and if so, is it standard or aftermarket? There was no mention of it on the original for sale advert, I'm about to order a new lower gearbox bush and I need to know what's what to get the correct bush.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

update -

new MOT (rear discs were an advisory, will be sorted in next few days)

oil and filter change using Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-50 Ester Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

electrical gremlins sorted (rear lights, dash, number plate illumination all fully functional now)

cheers

Mike.

Seen as you need family car, I have a 2008 leon fr550 diesel 170ps. BTCC kitted and in candy white (best colour). Trade with cash my way as I'll get at least 8 and a half grand for mine 63000 on clock. Just a thought.....

Seen as you need family car, I have a 2008 leon fr550 diesel 170ps. BTCC kitted and in candy white (best colour). Trade with cash my way as I'll get at least 8 and a half grand for mine 63000 on clock. Just a thought.....

Thanks dude but I'm after something like a Touran, and I don't want to put any more money than I get from the Glanza sale into my next car.

Just another quick one, so free bump.

how much bhp and torque would the auto box take before it went pop?

Free bump

No idea to be honest, you don't see many big power autos around.

Still interested in this full recaro interior ;-)

sorry fella not looking to break, it either goes as a complete car or not at all.

• 3 weeks later...