• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So unfortunately due to my shitty insurance the new one has to go due to the glanza parts front splitter and seats etc cant even start to explain how gutted i am but sure.. So plans are now to get a new sticker kit for my other one tte back box on maybe tte front splitter as this is some how expectable also have it back on the orginal speedlines and window deflectors on clear lights and indicators have to say it made a difference slowly but surely getting there but least to say pissed off👍🏻

Well thats a load of bull shit mate so because your a first year driver it means that some oem body panels are going to make your car unsafe or make you 10x more likely to hit a tree?!

by the way try performance direct mate i think you will have better luck there!

I'm not sure on the legalities but anything I have on my car that comes on any ep91 shape car from factory, I don't ensure. Because they're factory parts and police, especially over here, aren't gonna know if they're glanza or genuine. All that matters is they're from factory, not aftermarket.
Like I said, idk if thats actually true but thats always what I was told.

If they're genuine toyota parts or oem or optional extra I don't declare them.

The only reason i declare them on mine is so in the case of a claim i can get them again as i have a like for like agreed value policy thing. Before i did that it was just AM parts i declared

My policy is terrible which is probably why it's so cheap, and because my car is only worth like £1000 it's almost guaranteed to get cat c if I damage any of the parts. If I had a like for like type thing I'd definitely declare everything to rip the arse out the insurance company ha

They were saying something about points or something, like you get 15 when your on your rs which means im only aloud the front splitter or back bumper .. The glanza spoiler is 20 points which means i cant have it.. My cousin had a mk5 golf done as a gti but didnt tell his insurance that it had the kit on it the cops stopped him asked about it he said his insurance didnt know they literally rung them there put him on the phone and his insurance got void cause he didnt ring and tell them.. He lost out on like 2k i dont know if i would wanna risk it and lose out on what ive paid already cops over here now beth as u know have got 50 times worse.. Dont know if it would be worth the risk and i dont know how to even start understanding panels on the outside of my car are gonna make it more dangerous or whatever they think really put me in such a mood was really looking forward to driving the new one really sucks tbh👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

sucks that it has to be broken buddy, insurance is a right wanker. When I was on my r's I only put wheels on and factory springs bringing my old yaris down a little, so I understand. R driver in a modded car over here will almost always get pulled for next to nout :/

who were you trying to get insured with?

i wouldn't declare anything really apart from suspension if you've lowered it as everything else is just factory, just from a different model

Try admiral, I went from £1200 on my first year to £600 by my second, then £500 and then £450, with everything declared. When I declare a turbo to check for when I finally boost, it actually goes down to £400 hahaha.

I'm on a multicar thing with my parents and 3 siblings but I don't think it makes a huge difference cause when I use their quote generator I still get the lowest prices ever.

If it was me. i wouldn't declare it. They're not going to make any difference to the safety of the vehicle unless the parts weren't fitted properly. It's a bit of a grey area as some people would argue that you should declare.

I have a K&N panel filter in my air box, i'm not declaring that, and that's arguably a performance modification.

My Lexus IS200 had a factory fitted TRD body kit and factory fitted window tints. I didn't declare any of it as to begin with i didn't know what the car came with or had added. In court i can't see them arguing that i should have declared it if it rolled out of the factory like it.

The SR's have lowering springs, spoiler and Speedline's and i can bet you many people haven't declared those parts. Yes it says SR on the logbook but how do insurers know whats factory and what isnt?

Anybody could buy a car and not know that certain parts were aftermarket/factory fitted/optional extra. Alloys are another one, how do you know if a car is meant to have steels or alloys if its had 10 owners? how do you know what size they were meant to be or the tyre size they were meant to run?

I suppose though that if you didn't know then you didn't know, theres a difference if you know full well the car isnt standard but insure it as standard. I think its very wrong when people insure their glanza as a 1.3 non turbo.

I think its debatable, i would probably declare it if i was worried about the value of the parts when it came to a claim, but, would anyone tell their insurance if they replaced a bumper like for like? i doubt it. so telling them about a starlet glanza bumper on a starlet i wouldnt have thought anybody would really give a fuck and i cant see how it would make any difference to an insurer at all.

Some people will say declare every item on your car that isnt OE. Or anything that isnt OE spec. But i wouldn't declare an Iridium spark plug or an LED interior bulb.

The choice is yours mate i suppose. i might sound like a right hypocrite and i might sound like ive contradicted myself but im just trying to put a bit of both sides in there

Ino mate starting to think i should just drive the other one now tbh.. Some twat drove into mine when i was in with my girlfriend and done a good bit of damage say about 400 500 pound witth work now needs done when its gonna be the same to change my policy over to the other one.. Ill put up pics