Hks filter question real or fake

I've been looking for a hks air filter and many of them on eBay are copy's I believe from China which are marginally cheaper, has anyone got a copy? Is it the same or is it worth me paying more for better quality? Thanks guys

The only way your going to know if its fake is when you buy it.

You can get an expensive one on ebay and its still be fake.

If you want to grantee a real one RHDjapan is the only way to be 100% sure.

Or if your not bothered just buy a cheap copy off ebay rather than an expensive one lol

I agree.. Foam filters are rather restrictive. A good old K&N does more that enough of a job and the price difference between one of these and a HKS is crazy.

Foam filters aren't restrictive, complete opposite infact, they do flow rather well, but they don't do as the name suggests, filter. Can't really have the best of both worlds in any situation and it still stands for a air filter, one can't flow and filter at the same time.

Foam is a porous material and therefore doesn't filter, if you value your engine at scrap value then go ahead 8)

K&N filters are the best on the market I've seen, they still flow rather well when their caked up with shit and haven't been serviced after 30k miles.

Edited by AdamB
  • 3 weeks later...

I have genuine apexi 'power intake' dual cone filter (was for ep82 but fitted in my ep91 no problem after bending some brackets) and I can honestly recommend it as it gives amazing, deep sound (n/a engine) and the power gain is significantly noticeable!