thought's on speedvision hybrid ct9?

Still hits cut on the factory ecu occasionally from what I have heard (cold dense air usually causes it) - have had to slacken off the actuator arm so there's almost no preload. Last I heard its going fine, I haven't seen Andy for a while but will try to catch up with him this weekend. Turbo itself is fine, its just the wastegate port that lets it all down.

Still makes me laugh they suggested restricting exhaust flow to combat the boost spike

I believe Phil's having trouble due to his waste gate port causes boost spikes as well. Must be a common problem then

these are the same as the 1 i got from toyosports ere in the uk there a great cheap replacement ct9 with a tat bigger compressor housing but stock exhaust size propeller

they still suffer from the heat like a stock ct9 so useless above a bar really

stock tfo35hm will out perform this turbo in al ways and have almost identical spool

I seen a stock ct9 with a jam PNP make 211hp at 1.2bar a few weeks back. That's tf035 power there but with even better spool, so I wouldn't say useless just yet Colin.

I seen a stock ct9 with a jam PNP make 211hp at 1.2bar a few weeks back. That's tf035 power there but with even better spool, so I wouldn't say useless just yet Colin.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/98430-turbo-choice/

take a look at that chart...

dyno numbers are not really a good comparison by themselves

is there any more information on the set up?...as those numbers sounds rather high based on what i've seen over the years

thanks

isnt iddy running 1.1 bar on his tf035 and made 255bhp the tfo will easly go higher boost to

you just can compare the 2

that stock ct9 is shocking to death and blowing exesive heat in the engine bet ya the have no temp gauge installed

Thanks for the update. I run my GT in Sepang for track days and find the CT9b (from Glanza) runs out of puff on the straights so been toying with the idea of the hybrid to increase the powerband. Not really keen on a different turbo as i run the Sard twin core rad and that keeps the temp steady. It's usually around 85deg celc and track temps anything between 35 to 40 degrees. Ya....it's hot.

Still hits cut on the factory ecu occasionally from what I have heard (cold dense air usually causes it) - have had to slacken off the actuator arm so there's almost no preload. Last I heard its going fine, I haven't seen Andy for a while but will try to catch up with him this weekend. Turbo itself is fine, its just the wastegate port that lets it all down.

Still makes me laugh they suggested restricting exhaust flow to combat the boost spike

if your using 2" downpipe then thats pretty small already. going up to 2.5" will free up a noticeable amount of power...but it could possibly make your boost issues worse. waste gate port lets down most hybrids we've installed over the years..creep is an issue on most of them.