programming key to glanza

having a bit of an issue my car is fitted with a central locking sensor up near rear view mirror. now ive had the single button fob on my old glanza and worked fine

and I also had a mate which had a 2 button Toyota key for his glanza which worked fine locked and unlocked car no problem I was in the breakers the other day and picked up two keys one has 3 buttons unlock lock and boot button the other one has just unlock and lock button same as my mates

now these keys are not cut to my car there from different cars is this whats causing the issue

now ive tried the guides ive come across

this one

Unlock car.

Sit in drivers seat, shut door.

Put key in the ignition, turn key to on then off 3 times.

Remove key and press the button on the new keyfob.

Central locking should operate.

Put the key back in the ignition and turn on/off again 3 times.

Once again remove and press the new keyfob button

Central Locking should operate again

no joy with either of the keys

these are the keys I have both keys work as they have small red led lights and both light up

2 button key

2-BUTTON-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-CASE-w-RUBBER-PA

3 button key

3-button-remote-key-for-toyota-camry-501

but surely I could program one of the keys I have my mate glanza had the first key 2 button programmed to his car I actually programmed it for him using that guide I used

im thinking theres something up with my receiver central locking works via the door

I priced that fob here in Ireland €53 bit dear for a small plastic keyfob

Edit: sorry forgot your not on TOC

Unlock car.

Sit in drivers seat, shut door.

Put key in the ignition, turn key to on then off 3 times.

Remove key and press the button on the new keyfob.

Central locking should operate.

Put the key back in the ignition and turn on/off again 3 times.

Once again remove and press the new keyfob button

Central Locking should operate again.

Edited by ChrisssAhhh

Try doing it quick me and Broony got it working sometime the central locking motors pack in, mine was dead keep your timer unplugged for a little while, they do work using a key in the winter time is a bugger!

Edited by Gainzy

Some of the circuits in the key are slightly different, even when the keys look the same, I programmed some Yaris keys at the start of the year, the car came with one key that had no buttons left in it, the first key I got hold of second hand wouldn't work for the locks, it started the car but just couldn't get the buttons to work, I tried a different chip/button part of the key and got all of it working so then got hold of another the same and managed to program a spare as well.