yO guys,

I was meant to sell my GT to a good mate of mine at the end of the month, but after taking her out for a blast last night, I simply think I'll miss her way too much, so I've decided to keep her.

But that means I'll have to take the car off the road for a while, to focus on other projects. But before I do, can anyone give me any advice of have to store the car i.e. park it up in gear, so I can leave the handbrake off etc. But what about covers for the car, starting it up each week?

I maybe able to store the car in my Uncles Garage, but worse case scenario I will have to store the car outside on my drive.

Stored mine outside for a year while I was away. Just got the old dear to fire it up every so often and left it in gear with the handbrake off, didn't bother covering it either.

Edited by Vturbo

Make sure you leave the tank full of petrol so you don't get condensation in the tank.

I got a trickle charger for mine so I don't have to mess about starting it up.

Apart from that get ready for every seal to perish! Since I've had mine off the road I have had to sort more oil leaks than when it was my daily for 4 years!

Depending how long you were gonna keep it off road, be a good idea to put it on axle stands to preserve the tyres. Could also take the brakes off so they dont corrode and sieze. Most starlets leak water into the boot so id fire a car cover over it if you have one. Stop it getting mouldy inside.

Rent a garage from your local council if you can, portsmouth city council charge me around £11 a week to store my gt and a hell of a lot of spares in a 18 odd ft garage. disconnect the battery,leave the handbrake off (a handbrake stuck on can be a fucking nightmare lol), perhaps chuck it up on jackstands if you really wanna go overboard.