HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!

New turbo gaskets arrived so fitted turbo back to manifold and the turbo is fouling against my oil cooler, took the turbo back off split it and rotated it then back on and still is hitting up against it. Just wordered if anyone knows if this oil cooler could be be rotated so it will clear the turbo?

20160519_205415_zps8qygkqo3.jpg

20160523_215539_zpsurbvjyqx.jpg

Manifold not even on properly and you can see the problem

20160523_221824_zpsgfslbcli.jpg

Has anyone come across this before ??

Edited by _JT_
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have never seen this before usualy the turbo clears the housing maybe being at an non standard position might be abit. on my WEPR evolution kit my turbo sits under the manifold standard position away from the housing

Have never seen this before usualy the turbo clears the housing maybe being at an non standard position might be abit. on my WEPR evolution kit my turbo sits under the manifold standard position away from the housing

Is a bit of weird one, been thinking about this at work today and I'm going to take the oil feed AN off the sandwich plate. I think it will all fit ok where it should and then refit the AN back on once the turbo is past it.

Managed to finally get a lucky break tonight, took the fouling AN off and offered the turbo up and was still catching

20160524_193310_zpsreypndks.jpg

So then needed to rotate the plate which I couldn't believe after some gentle but persistent pressure it rotated enough to give me the clearance I needed !!!

20160524_201837_zpspmdhkqas.jpg

Tight but enough room which is result

• 2 weeks later...

Done a few long runs and all good, no issues.

20160602_180355_zps72veybqk.jpg

Fitted new Ultra Racing rear strut which has really stiffened the rear end up. Surprised at how noticeable it is...I'm impressed

20160604_202240_zpsi7ulwvwn.jpg

And finally what it's all about...a good evening blast keeping my mates elise in the rear mirror

20160608_205726_zpsbg16hgsf.jpg

Sort of done now.....MOT next week !

Edited by _JT_

Sure that rear strut is meant to sit the other way. Nice bay work

I did think that. But it's miles out when you offer it up

Edited by _JT_
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Yep that sounds about right, had basic mods on it when he got it, but went through a number of tunes, final one being forged 4e hybrid td04 and nos making 353 fly bhp. There is a picture I have of it in my build thread. Ended up being broken I'm afraid I was offered the shell but didn't have the room at the time.