Jdmfreaks ep80 2ee to 4efe project thread **18/10/2015**

Said id stick a build thread up for this picked this up about 2 weeks ago for small money have wanted another ep80 for ages and seeing as the glanza is a daily and don't want to mess with it this was ideal

car started life as a bog standard ep80 and then then the lad before me that owned it went about turning it into a gt rep and lost interest I picked it up and took all the gt kit off as ive had a gt rep and want something different.

car was repainted about 6 months ago so looks fresh pictures do it no justice its been lying up under tress for ages have all the remains of the gt kit off and the standard stuff back on bar the gt bonnet which im keeping

this will be a quick enough turn around as ive a good bit done so far

ive removed the 12v efi 2ee lump and in its place will go a 4efe ive also converted it to a power steering from an ep82 and have fitted a custom made loom to run the 2ee dash loom and a 4efe engine loom and 4efe ecu at some stage this will be getting a full turbo setup on the engine and a 4efte ecu

my main plan for this is go low and wide so coilovers and either banded steels or wide enough wheels interior wise 2 bucket seats and plenty of fancy bracing maybe I might even build my own show cage time will tell with that

anyways here's a few picture of the car and a donor car I bought the purple one shame to break the purple one but need a few spares from it and unfortunately the back got a tip and rear leg is slightly damaged along with boot floor

DSC_0023_zpslbnfykss.jpg

DSC_0022_zps31otc8yd.jpg

DSC_0024_zpssf00icol.jpg

the donor car

received_160677220941029_zpsy5spigmn.jpe

received_160133644328720_zpshjjnut0y.jpe

received_160133024328782_zpskojp0cuu.jpe

received_160133014328783_zps4mpmjtxd.jpe

and my engine has had a few new bits aswell oil pump timing belt water pump new rocker cover gasket and seals

should be a good little engine once fitted and running

DSC_0018_zps7pokdfj0.jpg

Edited by JDMfreak

Small update picked up a new crank pulley as mine was damaged so let the build comence hopefully have it all built up monday and back in the car and then start on making up an exhaust system for it then onto tidying the bodywork up and paint the bonnet and add sone goodies

This is going to interesting man keeping an eye on this. Check this little 80 out its so cool. 8813b6ffa29246b3b08ac3c7ac3ebfe2.jpg58f34b7a824a7efca0364a35d1b065a3.jpg such a simple look to achieve but looks so different. :)

will be interesting the engine will be going turbo at some stage td04 or bigger and more ridiculous,,,,that's what ive been building my thoughts about a car that's like that and same stance

bleu yoke looks nice shame its going for parts

believe me it looks good in pics but up close its fairly rough starlet and is only fit for breaking now

right not a great update but something to ad to the list picked up my brand new crank pulley so tomorrow engine is going in still have lots to get need a gt distributor and king lead also need to make an exhaust system for it have a mid section so need to make a back box up for it and some hangers

will stick lots of pics up of the progress aswell

right time for an update got some time today to get engine in and wired up and got it to run sounds good need to sort out the shoddy exhaust system and make it look better but its getting there also fitted new timing belt and the new crank pulley and resealed the sump few small jobs to do in engine bay but getting there now

few pictures of whats happened so far

DSC_0038_zps92gphx5b.jpg

DSC_0039_zps2kqpo5me.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsvnpxmj4l.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsue7lqxpy.jpg

excuse its sorry state has a 40mm spring on p/s side and has been outside a good few months

DSC_0042_zpsoylbsc1k.jpg

exhaust needs serious modifying haha will have a fair tilt to it

DSC_0043_zpsz9gq3blo.jpg

DSC_0044_zpshuzkhr1o.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsmjgtk2mo.jpg

and left like this for the night

DSC_0047_zpsq74uiomw.jpg

got to love the universal use of seatbelts :)

seatbelts are free engine straps haha

does the gt bonnet line well with the ep82 headlights & grill

it sits over them a bit as the gt has a curved front end and the ep80 has a fairly flat front end

Right so small up date car is running engine is in need to fit the rad in and plum water lines and fit gearlinkage clips and make up an exhaust

Then move onto swapping the interiors from the donor car into the white one..

While i eas free i took the gt bonnet off and fittrd my white ep80 bonnet back on looks much better imo and more standard which im wanting to do

DSC_0064_zpsmbtnroqq.jpg

DSC_0066_zpshkddpff1.jpg

Edited by JDMfreak

Right time for an update on this i originally fitted a loom that was made up basically a 4efte ep82 loom spliced into a 12v 2ee dash loom i fitted the 4efe i built for it but when i started it i realised i had some problems the loom was built to run a 4efte so had to use a 4efte ecu but when i first started it it was definetley over fueling.

So as I was running into a few issues i decided to do the clever thing and pull the loom back out not a big job had it out in 20 mins. A mate told me he had a soleil dash loom and engine loom which would work so pulled dash out with the 12v loom attached and refitted the soleil dash with loom fitted the engine bay loom and done a few bits of swapping around external coil distributor to internal coil distributor oil pressure switch and thermostat housing

Also swapped the ecu for a 4efe soleil one and tried to fire it up fired up straight away and ran like a champ so all my previous issuea are resolved have a few bits left to do tidy engine bay wiring ad a few plugs that somebody had chopped off and refit rad and make exhaust up

Soory for the long write up but forgot to take pics will take a heap tommorow of the project so far

what parts of the sensors etc etc did you use to run the gt loom

i ran for over a year NA 4efte electronics and and 295cc injectors , passed nct emissions flying colors low idle 0.12% and high idle was only 0.01%

you had a issue for the over fueling mate no turbo map or 02 sensor not connected or ecu temp sensor somthing like that anyways

Hmm I'm tempted to do this to the ep80. Either that or leave it 2e-e with throttle bodies instead. Any pics?

is yours 12v efi sam the 2ee engine I have that loom here that's been modified to run on the 12v dash loom and 4efte engine side of things

I was trying to make it run on a 4efe which it wasn't going to ever work as it needs a 4efte ecu to run properly and map sensor

I tried a 4efe ecu and it wouldn't run

so basically you leave 12v dash in car remove engine bay wiring loom through passenger side under wiper motor and the wiring that come in near gear linkages and replace it with the modified loom fit the 4efte ecu and 4efte engine in its place or if ya really want fit the 4efe engine and strap all the turbo gear on to it

right not as promised with heaps of pics but a pic or two of her nearly there have niggly stuff to sort out interior seats cards all that stuff exhaust is now sorted managed to find a

soleil starlet exhaust thank god need to fit a new lambda sensor as it was snapped and need to make a back box up for it have its own one but someone cut the flange off back box

anyways some of here latest pics excuse the vw steels only temporary till I get new wheels and the lowering springs into it I may get some decent pictures of it

DSC_0075_zpsvcww4tiv.jpg

DSC_0076_zpsmbuuglda.jpg

few more pics to ad to the thread its moving under it own power now :yahoo: need to paint its new bumpers I took of the donor car also today swapped the lowering springs into it so much better to drive now still hunting for 2 front seats and a few other little bits

anyways a few pics of it as it sits now,

drove it for first time today actually very surprised how quick and well it goes more updates to come

DSC_0077_zpsqsiek7lh.jpg

DSC_0078_zps0ciofaw7.jpg

DSC_0079_zpsfxvpf1t2.jpg

DSC_0080_zpsu7y7azh7.jpg

DSC_0082_zpsemicrxzi.jpg

right update time got a heap of stuff done at the car bump strips are on and painted need to get more double side tape as stuff I had wasn't great both bumpers from the blue donor car have been flattened and painted satin black along with grill and mirrors got a set of gt front seats full car got a serious wash that it needed and t-cut and polished to bring paint back up again shiny there's a few marks around it from it been moved around yard also swapped wheels from my glanza onto it as I picked up a another set for that still need to get windscreen seal fitted and a set of number plates made and set ignition timing

all in all has come together fairly quick and I still have heaps of other bits I want to do to it in engine bay and fit a spoiler and front splitter and more lows and a decent exhaust out the back

anyways a few more pictures to ad to the thread

DSC_0089_zpsuxvbzg0n.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsyvuywx6j.jpg

DSC_0094_zpsbgs5fm1w.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsvpr9glsq.jpg

DSC_0098_zps1krnje2t.jpg

DSC_0100_zpss5btvpys.jpg

DSC_0101_zps1nbojly0.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsrop6lgzn.jpg

cheers colin need to get some really good pics of it in the day got the new number plates on it today have to sort a tyre out for the glanza so I can put the other wheel on the front then nct time :blink::blink::blink:

car hasn't been tested since May 10 2009 that's when the nct expired and was due in may 2015 this year so may get her booked in and see how she goes

cheers dan all I know was ecu said 4efe and was ecased in the little black housing all ep80 ep82 ecu's are in that how I knew its wasn't a glanza one

I actually have a set of them bumpers for the car but need painting and need to get grill and headlights as there different

if I could get the poxy fan to stop going the minute I put the key in id be delighted need heaters in this weather and fan going flat out doesn't help