no handbrake !!! after new discs/ pads ( PIC inside )

I never noticed any adjustment part on the tee bar underneath.

I don't have any shims in any of mine Colin, that shouldn't matter though if you adjust the piston out so there's friction on the disc whilst the handbrake is down?

John

So I changed the handbrake cable from the lever to the t bar, adjusted my pistons out to provide friction on the rear discs, then went and tightened the adjuster on the lever. Handbrake for a start was bang on, took it for a run to bed the pads in and sure enough the handbrake needed re adjusting at the lever. Did that and it holds but it's not amazing.

Dad had a corolla gti twin cam and he said it was exactly the same so aslong as it passes it's mot I wouldn't worry too much about it Colin

John

thanks jhon

i messed with is again today for 4 hours to no joy but in the end i snapped the front cable DHUUUU i dont know how i did that

so new front cable on monday but i did adjust my caliper piston , before i had only 180 degree slots for the nipple on the pads now i have them on every 45 degree was quick simple job to do and way less play between cali and pads

so fingers crossed this will work if it dont i will get the heavy hammer out and show it some love ha ha

The wheels should be tighter than pad rub with handbrake off.

Then check when u pull on hand brake that both levers move on caliper. Tighten the cable at the handbrake with the handbrake off as much as u can without the wheels being too tight.