>>>>JAE 2008<<<<

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went today and frankly i would have been pissed off coming all the way from scotland or ireland for that.

was not very impressed.

weather was ok. i stayed for about 2 hours and went home. £15 was a rip off and i wont be going again.

santapod japshow is a million times better.

was a bit pants, the people i was with made the show worthwhile some propa amazing people on the site who made my whole 25mile trip there worth it, gota applaud ross for being so smashed on friday nite and bourkey for bringin his missus for the masses of entertain that she gave while being absolutely smashed and not actually shutting up for 30 seconds to let anyone get a word in, think rick n harrison where in awe of her presence. hope 2nite is much of a funny nite as last nite.

oh n thanks to rob for getting this going and fixing my finger after being a clever twat n cutting it with a sharp knife lol.

and to end it the most abused quote of the 2 days i was there "now thennnnnnnnnnnn"

was a bit pants, the people i was with made the show worthwhile some propa amazing people on the site who made my whole 25mile trip there worth it, gota applaud ross for being so smashed on friday nite and bourkey for bringin his missus for the masses of entertain that she gave while being absolutely smashed and not actually shutting up for 30 seconds to let anyone get a word in, think rick n harrison where in awe of her presence. hope 2nite is much of a funny nite as last nite.

oh n thanks to rob for getting this going and fixing my finger after being a clever twat n cutting it with a sharp knife lol.

and to end it the most abused quote of the 2 days i was there "now thennnnnnnnnnnn"

possibly would have been better if i was on a stand and got there a bit earlier.

just seemed like there was nothing to do. no actual motorsport action of any sort, no trade stands, hardly any food stands. poor toilet facilities.

payed £15 for a wristband that cut the circulation off to my hand and had to walk 15 mins from where my car was parked as they decided to put the day parking miles away from the actual event.

wasnt very large either. if it was a bit cheaper it wouldnt have been so bad, but hey ho. ive been now and got the T-shirt!

possibly would have been better if i was on a stand and got there a bit earlier.

just seemed like there was nothing to do. no actual motorsport action of any sort, no trade stands, hardly any food stands. poor toilet facilities.

payed £15 for a wristband that cut the circulation off to my hand and had to walk 15 mins from where my car was parked as they decided to put the day parking miles away from the actual event.

wasnt very large either. if it was a bit cheaper it wouldnt have been so bad, but hey ho. ive been now and got the T-shirt!

honestly mate if u was there on the stand with all the club u would have had a better time n made the 15quid more worth while, its the people your with and the club your with that make a car show if the place is pants

Also went today, stayed for 3 hours.

Feel sorry for the people who travelled miles, spoke to one chap on the Honda section he travelled from Ireland.

I had a 250 mile round trip & think it was a waste of journey and £15.

Nice cars there mind but the location, soo remote & deserted. Not surprised there wasnt a GREAT turn out.

Weather was finee.

All in all had to make a day out of it.

Hope you campers have a good time, im sure thats where the funs at!! Some people there were smashed! Lol

well i had a good time lol. went all dat saturday, the weather was brilliant and you guys are a right laugh.i agree with the other peeps, the show was what you made it. hope to see you all again soon. will pop some pics up as soon as I&#39;ve worked out how to do it B) (new to this forum game)

honestly mate if u was there on the stand with all the club u would have had a better time n made the 15quid more worth while, its the people your with and the club your with that make a car show if the place is pants

i decided to go at the last minute. when i got to the uksc stand there wasnt 1 owner to talk too. had a look round enzos car and an advance with toyota optional kit and the same exhaust as ive just bought (japspeed).

there was some interesting cars and i had a decent time there. its just after a couple of hours there was nothing more to do and it was a bit expensive for the day in my opinion.

eta half 8,

Make that half 11 mate, fashionably late B)

Was good meeting some new faces like Geo, Harrison, Woody, StreetRacer, Bourkeys Mrs and of course RAJE aka pisshead B)

And also to catch up with some old face, SiCaln Rick Bourkey etc

As for waste of money, I thought it was excellent if you was there camping and drinking meeting some awsome guys off the forum, I have to agree about the lack of events etc but like some people of said it was a great laugh on the stand

The beach was pretty cool aswell and the weather was lush

Roll on JAE 2009 ;)

im going next year car or not, and going next year whatever the price and wherever the location.

let me know in advance where it is.. unless it will now carry on at Mersea?

its at mersea till 2010 i believe mate they booked it up for 3 years

Me the wife my 3year old son and my wifes friend went down with Rob on thursday 3hours each way. It was a great weekend the weather was great the company was good although there wasn't a lot to do during the day it worked out good. I'm a bit dissapointed to be home but wow its nice to have electric a decent shower that wasn't cold or Lava settings....and a few other things we missed. Thanks must go to both ~~Rob and Geo who got this thing moving.....Next year a little more preparation would be good. like lights at night! Nice to meet you all and thanks for keeping my son occupied with the football.

Andrew + Zoe

lights at night are a good idea, but would have to run off someones in-car electricity, unless we find some battery powered ones..

i have a small heater (that is feckin powerful) which we could use too, but also needs plugging in