What turbo to go for?

I've been debating on what to put on the forged motor when it's built, I have a be s/s ff kit on its way from wepr but can't make my mind up on a turbo

I had a standard td04 on the motor at 1bar then swapped for a tf035 that I thought was great! I loved the response and the power wasn't far from the td

So was thinking a hybrid of the 2? And just push it as much as possible but I'm afraid it won't make enough power that I'm after

So has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers keiran

That what I was hoping for tbh

Was looking at the td billet wheel td04 but have seen a few bad things about them

Also that's only 20 odd hp but taking another 800rpm spool time

Have you had any experience with kinguwa? Have seen a billet wheel for the tf/td I could put in aswell

Personally i think anything smaller than a TD04 is a waste on a forged engine. A ball bearing VF series would be ideal, like a VF24 or VF29. Bigger than a TD04, but not too big, cant run mega boost through them either but still good for over 300bhp.

Unless you are just chasing rapid spool and not high figures?

Personally i think anything smaller than a TD04 is a waste on a forged engine. A ball bearing VF series would be ideal, like a VF24 or VF29. Bigger than a TD04, but not too big, cant run mega boost through them either but still good for over 300bhp.

Unless you are just chasing rapid spool and not high figures?

I'm thinking forged on the k1 250/260 could be achieved I reckon 1.1 bar even though I know td04 would make more power as you say it depends what you want I like all the power bottom end to get out the corners that bit faster spool wise any car can go fast in a straight line hehe

I'm not really clued up about vf series so not sure on sizes and power capabilities

I think a billet wheel compressor side on my tf should make around 275 with really good torque and spool times will be kept low

The engine will be wiesco pistons scat rods with a paseo gasket so compression isn't as low as most forged motors, already have lightened flywheel and spec clutch to go back in and also custom short cooler pipe work

Should make a real esponsive motor

I'm thinking forged on the k1 250/260 could be achieved I reckon 1.1 bar even though I know td04 would make more power as you say it depends what you want I like all the power bottom end to get out the corners that bit faster spool wise any car can go fast in a straight line hehe

Get a high CR forged engine built and you could probably push those figures :)

I have a Kinugawa TF/TD hybrid (non billet wheel) on mine at the moment. non forged 4efe. Has made 154kw @ 14psi

very happy with it.

In the near future ill be trying a TD04 with the smaller 4cm 99 forrester exhaust housing.

Are kinugawa a good make?

Have seen a few td compressor housing and billet wheels on eBay I was looking at getting, maybe that on my tf would work?

What sort of boost pressure could I run do you think 1.5bar?

• 5 weeks later...