Toyota Starlet Glanza V 1997 - Price Drop

Hi is the car Moted up to March 16 or September 16 ? I'm a bit confused cause this was registered in September 15. Also what's the service history from Japan ? Any paperwork came with the car?

When can I view the car?

See this on eBay.

I'll give you £3500..?

Price is firm, sorry. I'm not in a rush to sell and believe it is worth the price. You would have to see it to appreciate this. Edited by Matts

Hi is the car Moted up to March 16 or September 16 ? I'm a bit confused cause this was registered in September 15. Also what's the service history from Japan ? Any paperwork came with the car?

When can I view the car?

March 16. It was tested as soon as it came over to the U.K. but stored in my garage before I eventually got it registered and started driving it. No history from Japan only thing it came with was the Japanese certificates which the DVLA kept.

Nice motor, worth every penny;-)

Thank you! It is a very nice car!

Registration number:

P438 UCL

✗ Untaxed

Tax due: 20 September 2015

MOT

No details held by DVLA

New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle.

It does not show any MOT on DVLA website.

Yes because I'm not sure if you know but when it is registered the DVLA do not update their database with the MOT details. It will not show a valid MOT until it gets re tested and then it will go onto the new UK plate however it does hold a valid MOT I have the certificate here to prove it it was MOT'd in the VIN

Yes because I'm not sure if you know but when it is registered the DVLA do not update their database with the MOT details. It will not show a valid MOT until it gets re tested and then it will go onto the new UK plate however it does hold a valid MOT I have the certificate here to prove it it was MOT'd in the VIN

Ok cool , so to sum up , it needs MOT.

Thanks for the clarification. I might come to view this weekend. Will let you know.

Ok cool , so to sum up , it needs MOT.

Thanks for the clarification. I might come to view this weekend. Will let you know.

No it is far from needing an MOT. I have paperwork and proof and have also drove it on the UK roads. Also if it was to need an MOT it would pass for years to come.

to get it registered you have to mot it first

so when it's registered, it will show that it hasn't had an mot since it was registered. (Because your mot was before)

Doesn't mean it doesn't have an mot

Hope this helps :)

to get it registered you have to mot it first

so when it's registered, it will show that it hasn't had an mot since it was registered. (Because your mot was before)

Doesn't mean it doesn't have an mot

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that! At least some people understand

Thanks for that! At least some people understand

I'll stick with the details provided by DVLA with no details held on MOT and drive with the MOT certificate in the glove box because I have a bunch of annoying police officers in my area who create their own laws.

Good information there. Good to know. Thanks lads

sorry guys im thinking of viewing this on friday, can someone just clarify what the situation is regarding MOT exactly im not following it fully from whats been written.

MOT is massive part of potential buy for me, especially on a recent import.

It has a full mot until March 2016

The reason why it's not showing up on the website is because when it first arrived in the country there was no UK registration plates on the vehicle as you need an mot before you send off for the new UK logbook and registration number. On the mot it will say number plate not shown or something similar. So the mot is done using the cars chassis number. So you will be able to prove that the car does infact have a valid mot certificate using the chassis number and by matching the two together you'll see it is all valid and is ready to go.

Hope that helps the situation

• 3 weeks later...