Hello again folks

So after getting everything sorted on my car finally I need everyones help 😀 So I have a hybrid ct9, fmic, exhaust all that done. Am not looking mad boost just .6 bar have that all set,am problem is am looking to tune the fuel so it's at a safe figure in boost will be using apexi neo for the job it's all my budget allows atm and would like to give it ago meself anyway 😜 Am looking to know the air fuel ratios to set the Wideband to. So anyone that can help me I would really appreciate it guys. From my understanding 14.7 on low throttle is ideal but it's the boost that has me confused. I read that 1 bar around 11.2 so if anyone can give me what should be around .6 bar would be a big help.

Wideband currently reads about 14.2-7 on low throttle and idle. In boost at .6 bar it can go as rich as 10.5.

Thanks

Any help and opinions welcome

There is no real reason why it ever needs to be as rich as 10-10.9 unless you are seeing extreme intake temps where extra fuel can assist in cooling the air temps. 11.2 - 12.2 will be rich enough. Just remember that not every cylinder is running at the displayed a/f ratio ...

Its only an average of all four. Some cylinders may be leaner than others. And you dont want it to go pop!!

Thank lads, just one more thing.I haven't any fueling mods done to the car are they running that rich from the factory ? .I haven't put in the Apexi yet just looking to gather info first :D Thanks

OK So i got the Neo installed and it runs like crap from the start.Wideband reading of 10 and there's also a check engine light :( i intialized the neo and done the settings for throttle. this is the diagram i used to wire it up

750D2065-0E19-4322-9D0F-4804403CD72F.png

Are there any other settings to change on it ?Didn't think it would affect the fueling till i started to raise or lower the settings.Any taughts on this guys or girls?Thanks

Shitcicles, gonna have to have a look at the wiring again then cause it's 300 for a local tuner to setup the Neo.Colin you got any threads of these wired in to an ep91 or know what colours at the ecu should be ?That diagram above is correct though isn't it .Thanks

Thanks lads and Colin you were spot on mate had the pressure wire looped where it should of been joined each end thanks.

You only running 0.6 bar boost pressure on the hybrid. I would incremently increase boost and monitor the fuelling and check/ listen for det

what boost would you recommend ? it's at .6 bar now and the wideband gives readings of say 12-13 going through the rev range of 2.5k to 5.5k and over that is when it will run to the high 10s like 10.7-10.9 i let off at that.Going to get new fuel pump and an fcd again preferably JAM one.It would be safer to dump more fuel in and trim it back with Neo that way ? Thanks

Edited by Bug679

Sound Colin, Thanks for the help man.Don't want to bother you to much with questions but should i get a rrfpr and jam fcd ? to up the boost and dump more fuel in? Then trim it back from there ? or would the Neo be able to turn up the fuel instead of going negative go + ? Thanks

if you have it yes fit it keep the neo on 0 setting and raise feul pressure up to 3 barr first ( to be safe ) then raise your boost to 1 bar ?? or wich ever you want if its still rich lower feul pressure and if your almost happy ( on the rich side ) trim with the neo

thats how i do it

no bother thats what we are ere for ha ha

Edited by 5e colin

At the moment (I know all starlets aren't the same at this sort of thing) and I haven't fitted my jam fcd yet, I have my boost set to around 0.75bar 2.3 bar on the fpr with wideband showing the readings above,

What readings are you getting Pat ? if your going WOT have you rrfpr as i taught the stock fpr was 2.4 bar so you turned the fueling down ? you on td04 or ct9 mate ? when am on WOT at say 3500 rpm it will go to 12-12.5 on WOT but will climb to 11 or even 10.7-9 but i let off the throttle then lol. If your looking to sell that fcd gimme a shout mate as ill buy it back :) Thanks

Oh of course mate it was you I got the fcd off silly me, I will give you a shout mate but no doubt will be putting it on, but there is 1 or 2 on here for sale at good prices or was, right I'm running a ct9 as far as I know stock fuel pressure is 2.3 bar, I have a sard fpr on now and it's set to 2.3bar as when I was at WOT in 4th and 5th at 2.4 bar on the fpr I was getting in the late 10's,

Ok your fueling mate how have you got it set up, as Colin said above you need to lean out a bit, I'm not sure what this neo thing you have mate does,

If your running stock boost like you said 0.6 bar, and your getting late 10's on boost of course somethings not right there are you using a an aftermarket fpr or still the stock one on?