Solid Shifter Bushings.

Right,

I have been looking into replacing the rubber bushes that the shifter assembly uses to fix itself to the floorpan of the car. i have found an engineering place that will make them up for a semi decent price, but the deal is i have to buy lots.. so here comes the group buy.

for those that dont know what they are... they are little steel bushes that replace the rubber ones that come stock.

if youve ever taken your lower console off and driven the car, youll notice that the shifter housing moves about a bit as you shift. this is intended, the original OEM bushes are meant to isolate the lever from vibration. the downside is you lose a bit of feel with the gearbox as some of your shifting movement is moving the housing, and not the shifter cables.

these bushes stop that indefinatly. all movement is transfered directly to the gearbox and should give a much firmer "feel" with the gear changes. coupled with a short shifter, they are the winz, but will work noticably well on a stock setup.

ill be getting these made up in steel so they will be very strong, and they will also be Zinc coated to stop any degradation to the parts.

bushings.jpg

given enough interest, ill probalby be able to get them made up for 10-12 quid a set.

its a cheap mod that you can feel the difference of, just what everyone likes! theyll also fit anything, EP82/EP91, paseo, cynos, levin etc.

only thing they wont fit is the 6 speed.

names down now please...

1. Rick

etc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic