A clutch that lasts and can take the power

Currentley I have a spec 6 puck un sprung clutch kit. I've never been overly happy with it from day one the clutch release bearing has been making a noise. I recently did a track day at llandow and last session out i lost drive so assume the clutch release bearing has let go and possibly damaged the clutch I havnt striped it out yet. What's is the best clutch for me to get don't mind spending money just want somthing that actually does it's job and lasts I've only been running 1 bar on track aswell with td04 so not big power considering the spec is rated to like 300ftlbs or torque. I've been doing a bit of digging and see os girken or Orc. What do you recommend thanks

Edited by mark-tozer

id recommend an ORC, its what i have in mine. That said they do make abit of noise when the pedal is depressed so you may not like it.

thanks for getting back how long have you had this clutch what torque are you running ? Does it make a noise when it's just sat there in neutral stationary.would like a clutch that's quiet but if it lasts and does it's job that's the one to have. Thanks.

Orc

Os giken

ok thanks which one have you had experience with. Edited by mark-tozer

Os giken is rated to the most power and torque orc and blitz are rated to 296hp 250 ftlb torque. Looked into it when my spec was annoying me. when mine needs replacing it will more than likely be with an Os giken :)

ok thanks where did you find was best to buy one nengun or rhdjapan.

Blitz active and Orc 309

From my experience and that of a pal they are pretty identical

Currently using the blitz and when it's beat I'll hopefully get it refurbed and stuck back on

Ok thanks for your help.

Phil

no problem mate

ok good to hear it's a good clutch. I can deal with it making a noise when the clutch is pressed as long as it lasts. How did you find yours wear.

About 3 years hard driving mate

Had launch control activated on my EMU on my old set up so got some stick mate

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Yes they only make noise when the pedal is depressed. If idling in neutral its fine. Mine was off RHD was about 580 shipped i think.

ok I can deal with that if it's just when it's pressed isn't the end of the world. Ok thanks for help

look at the helix ones. i had a helix paddle in my ep85 and it was spot on, plenty of launches at the drag racing and pedal wasnt hard like others. I have since fitted one in my gt4 and its great in that too.

look at the helix ones. i had a helix paddle in my ep85 and it was spot on, plenty of launches at the drag racing and pedal wasnt hard like others. I have since fitted one in my gt4 and its great in that too.

ok I'll have a look at helix one where did you get yours from thanks