Power Loss/Flat Spot

Hey Folks.

Don't usually write these, as I'm pretty clued up. Or at least I thought I was. But this one has stumped me!

This Green GT I have. Has always ran a beaut. Always been fast enough to surprise even me.

However as the temps outside have started to drop (usually id expect performance to get even better) the performance is actually falling away! The car just seems like it is down on power, id say by a good 40-50bhp. Struggles to rev through. I thought the CAT was blocked or collapsed at first, but a decat pipe has made no change. It seems now that the issue is more common and I cant remember the last time it had its performance!

The Cars Spec is as follows:

Fuji Power Getter

Decat Pipe

HKS Actuator

TRD HT Leads

Long Route FMIC

Walbro 255lph Pump

(A/C Removed)

Boost is set to 0.6Bar. EFI PIPE Fitted.

Boost is always pretty solid in the 1st & 2nd gears, and in the taller gears it will creep to 0.75-0.8 built never fuel cut. But regardless of the boost. Lower or Higher.

No Smoke. No Loss of Fluids. No Horrid Noises. Smells Nice. (doesn't smell hot or too rich). Good Compression Test. No Fault Codes Present and the EML does work! So...

Im stumped. Im going to start unplugging sensors or swapping them out soon.

My only suspicion atm is the spark plugs as I haven't changed them and im not sure how the behaviour of the engine would change with temperature. Altho I removed them today (to find HKS Items in there) they looks a nice light brown colour like Id expect to see. I have some new ones coming anyways, but. Anyone have any ideas?

As you say Socks, I doubt it's the drop in temperature causing the combustion to be weak. Cause the opposite is true.

More likely something has worn out, possibly due to the cold temperature.

I'm sure you have the old bits to start swapping in and out.

Also, it could be something simple like bad fuel.

Take the plugs out and have a look at the colour, that ought to give you an indication of how it is running, or at least a starting point for us to help diagnose it.

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but as always we're starting simple to work our way up.

Cheers for replies folks...

IAT or Map sensor possibly. Spark plugs possibly wrong grade now it's getting colder, maybe worth going a grade hotter.

Ill swap these out to see for a difference. I've just grabbed some Grade7s to swap out this afternoon. So ill check them!

So the power loss is constant now and all the time?

And it only feels weak whilst boosting?

Now its cooler, yes it seems to be more often then not...

The temps are the only thing I can think of that has changed really. Unless something has worn/wearing out...

i had similar isseu on my glower i think you are running on the lean side now its colder and more air is cramped in the engine have you wideband in her ??

No Wideband atm. Ricky has offered to dyno run it for me to have a look. Im going to try a few things first though. See if its something simple!

Well! Interesting!

Grade7's went in. Much Better. Espically when cold before being warmed up fully. (While Choke/Richer Mixture)

So I considered it was running Lean..

Changed the fuel filter and put a accelerated dosage of Comma's Petrol Magic into the tank.

Throughout the tank the car has been transformed.... Driving better and better as the petrol gauge lowered....

So im putting it down to clogged up fuel system from being as stored as long as it was, or a previous owner always running it so low/out of fuel it sucked all the crap through!

Cheers for the help tho chaps. All Solved! Cars mint again now!