Anyone heard of these conrods?

Do you use cheap tesco's oil in a forged motor because it has the same description on the label as high end oil?

I will be using tesco oil in fact any chance where I can save money I will ..why spend good money on a good engine?

Lol..... What im trying to say is your only reason for not using them is they are cheap and others are expensive. You have no evidence they are shit or infact any of the top names are any better. Where do you think most rods come from anyway, silly if you think most stuff doesnt come from china these days

I've not once stated they were 'shit'.

I'd be using a company with a reputation bigger than a few forum posts, not ebay jobbies. Regardless of if parts are manufactured in china or not, the larger companies have an undisputed reputation.

Tell me if these rods are so awesome why aren't they stocked and offered in build packages by the likes of tuning developments etc?

Everyone has to somewhere. Because they'd get ' i heard you are well sick on the internet, how come you use those cheaper rods. I want everyone to know i paid loads more so i dont look like a cheap skate. Also how can people like my car if dont use the parts everyone on the internet said i should'

It's not the fact of them been shit or the best but everybody knows you get what you pay for big company's will push their products through strenuous tests to get the best out comes and that's what you pay for why is it so hard for people to figure that out if you don't have the cash to splash your in the wrong game imo

£2k engine*

Im not a gambling type, this is just idiotic gambling.

If you can't afford the extra for the rods you must ask yourself can you afford the servicing and maintenance if it goes wrong. Remember the service intervals become shorter. Mind you you could use budget oil and rinse you're filter.

2k at least engine I agree it is stupid money for rods but it would be even more stupid not to want/pay for the real McCoy suppose time will tell to see if they any good seems like a few above are going for them!

• 3 weeks later...

Fairly sure these are made by the same company who make eagles etc which are used all over the world especially by the yanks. Handful of people have used them on here and i havent seen a fault yet? afaik SCAT Are made in china also so wouldnt be surprised if they are the same.

I used them on my 5E and there was no problems, they came with spec sheets, They where balanced to within 1gram like SCAT etc.

Also picked up a set of SCATs for a 4e build i was going to do and they where the same

end of the day a basic forged H Beam rod is not difficult to produce, As long as they are well forged and the surfaces are to spec size wise then they will be fine.

If they are out of spec when you check before measurements, Send them back and get your money back...