Any alternative to using mesh on a turbo?

After replacing my turbo core at the weekend I noticed there was a layer of grey dust, the problem I have is I kinda need the mesh because if I put a silicon hose off the turbo for a air filter the hose is pressed up against the oil filter and restricts the air flow, is there any better filter alternative to mesh? I used a £4.50 sieve from tesco :-)

After replacing my turbo core at the weekend I noticed there was a layer of grey dust, the problem I have is I kinda need the mesh because if I put a silicon hose off the turbo for a air filter the hose is pressed up against the oil filter and restricts the air flow, is there any better filter alternative to mesh? I used a £4.50 sieve from tesco :-)

you just need to get the correct size silicon elbow dude needs to be trimmed down sometimes also a small oil filter can help free up some space in that area

I can get a silicon elbow on there but where the oil filter is it sticks right into it. I love the sound of the mesh but I'm just picturing my intercooler getting full of crap. Anyone used one of these on there turbo? http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/201448815026

Looks like it would give better filtration that just the mesh

I've got a small power enterprise oil filter in the for sale section I'm sure would help 😉

It wont be your intercooler being full of crap id be more worried about it chipping blades on your turbo something along those lines.

Yeah few folk on here use velocity stacks its just fine mesh on the end so would essentially do the same thing.

If a rubber elbow interferes with your oil filter then that definitely will.

Or is there anything that can go over the top of the mesh for extra filtration? I though about remote oil filter, this would work, the mesh is fine for bigger stuff but just look at how black paper filter can get