Best CT9 Hybrid turbo?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for advice as to which the best ct9 hybrid turbo is for my Glanza? :) I'm running the following mods so am only looking for a ct9 hybrid as an upgrade:

ARC TMIC

Jam exhaust manifold

Blitz decat

Blitz induction kit

Blitz access ECU

Kakimoto cat back exhaust

HKS actuator

HKS evc 6 boost controller

I am looking to keep the standard efi pipe as I have my induction kit in the standard place and want to run this setup. Will the standard efi pipe fit on a ct9 hybrid? :)

Cheers guys!

K1 all day it's just finding one fits efi and produce's more power quicker spool faster outlet the proof is in my build on par with some td04's and has produced more than other bigger turbo's in fact I havn't seen a tongs produce more power than a stock ct9 that's been mapped recall 211 from tongs the stock ct9 from an older silver V made 215 the tongs might feel day and night difference but the graphs say different.

were those numbers from the same dyno?...same car?...same mods?

lots of things can skew dyno results so its not always easy to compare

I have seen loads of different variations of ct9 action across 6 years different dyno's same dyno's different fuels, different times of the year even driven a decent tongs set up different ecu for the size of it's inlet compared to k1 and stock it should be well above the mark but it just isn't. All in all for the money it costs TD04L will be a better option all around..

to me...the tf035 or td04l are the minimum upgrades....cost/benefit wise

^^^correct...ct9 hybrids are convenient..but cost wise...you will still need a better manifold/decat and a fmic kit to get the most out of them. may as well go with at least a minimum of TF035.

You can use efi pipe with Tongs, just cut a slice off the pipe and use silicone joiner.

I'm thinking of buyin the race tech stage 1 CT9 hybrid and slicing a piece off the efi pipe and joining it with a silicon hose. :) Does anyone know what size the race tech stage 1 CT9 hybrid inlet is, as I'll need to get a reducer for the standard efi pipe. :)

^^^correct...ct9 hybrids are convenient..but cost wise...you will still need a better manifold/decat and a fmic kit to get the most out of them. may as well go with at least a minimum of TF035.

Cracking bit of advice. Couldnt agree more 8)

my thoughts exactly sacha---you outlined them for me :):)

and to run 1bar+ on even a ct9 hybrid the person will have to look into some kind of tuning management

the tf035/td04l kits seem to be available at better prices....PLUS if you get greedy in the future you have access to a wide range of turbos td04 hybrid, vf series, td05,and their hybrids

additionally replacement turbos are available at relatively cheap prices and in abundance