Third Time Lucky? Pete's Third Starlet, Turbo time!

Should be there Ive had 3 now with it in different models and different years. It is folded back on its self usally dont see why yours doesn't have it as the wiring looms should be same. Only difference is from 96-97 to 98-99 they changed how it came through the firewall

Oh right, well I did have a good look and had the rear quarter plastic all unclipped and I couldn't find any wire :/ tbh though the parcel shelf I got had the plug on the passenger side anyway, and the existing wiring from a previous owner had been run down the passenger side so I just improved on that

Edited by Westley
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, well I did have a good look and had the rear quarter plastic all unclipped and I couldn't find any wire :/ tbh though the parcel shelf I got had the plug on the passenger side anyway, and the existing wiring from a previous owner had been run down the passenger side so I just improved on that

Not just the rear one you have take off to get you also got to pull the front rear quarter one too

Are the paseo dials same to wire in as the SR ones dude? Cheers

No, if you look in the how to/tutorial section theres a how to which I found easy to follow, have to swap the wire around and some wires move plug as well

So picked up some rays mazdaspeed alloys with maxxis maz1 tyres on friday

2ccmgm0.jpg

Seeing as I had the wheels in the car while i was out decided to give them a test fit first pic is with three people sitting in the boot

24nflmu.jpg

fbxp5j.jpg

Fitted them today properly had to buy some 5mm spacers as the fronts didn't clear the cailpers

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I've updated this so here goes.

Rolled the arches:

2u5gx38.jpg

And then put my suspension on off the old one:

15oc5rb.jpg

Also brought and put on a adjustable panhard rod:

etv5ll.jpg

I have also started to take off the bump strips only done one side so far just need to take the glue off the passenger side.

9ql4qd.jpg

2eul7ro.jpg

148kz8.jpg

Also re did my custom rear light wiring on my lights with diodes all the wires to stop an earthing problem I was getting when braking in reverse it would turn the side lights on. and finally got them on the car.

5trhhz.jpg

2n7o9e9.jpg

14in1gp.jpg

Added clear indicators as well

2wqbz88.jpg

Edited by *Pete*

Some of you know I and a few of my friends run a local car club called Limitless, which we had our first monthly meet last weekend so had the car relatively clean. Here are the photos I took of my car, first two are at the meet and the other after the meet.

b8n6kl.jpg

hra14z.jpg

8yx4zk.jpg

Edited by *Pete*

So took the rest off the glue off at the weekend and clay bar around the area to make it all the the same colour :p and spent two hours polishing the lips of my wheels, took most of the corrosion off and got a bit of a reflection.

659_10154042182939204_146141353156486447

As you can see from the picture above the universal wheel spacers stick out over the hub and wheel where it bolts the hub and look ugly so I had these made.

1928289_10154042182894204_43971179403621

944913_10154042182844204_651110983065642