Not without some work.

A couple have done it.

I think this is the process:

grind the welds off the stub axle flange to remove it from the beam, then i think drill out the beam to then bolt the flange back on.

That then allows you to shim the stub axles to give you camber/toe adjustment.

Only thing im not sure on is getting them back in the same place on both sides.

Not without some work.

A couple have done it.

grind the welds off the stub axle flange to remove it from the beam, then i think drill out the beam to then bolt the flange back on.

Cheers mate sounds like a long process its either that or roll the arches but would be nice to have some camber

Not without some work.

A couple have done it.

You'd have to be pretty accurate to do it with one beam

If you have a beam to sacrifice it's a simple process. Just long winded

doing this wouldn't be a problem for me as I have fabrication skills and access to the right tools so might look into doing it soon on another beam will start a thread if I go ahead

You'd have to be pretty accurate to do it with one beam

If you have a beam to sacrifice it's a simple process. Just long winded

The answer is to lop a bit off the axle and bolt it back with a shim underneath.. But I really think you're just band aiding a flawed rear beam setup, and those that have done it already, just did it because they could without backing it up with any real data.

The truth is, only a very small percentage of Starlets aren't road cars, so there simply isn't enough knowledge available to say, yes this absolutely works on track, or no it doesn't. So it really is a case of experimenting and figuring out what does and doesn't work for you..

All I know, is that my car handles really well, is fairly planted and very difficult to get it out of shape in the dry. It does suffer from a little bit of understeer, and I'm hoping with the combination of aero, a LSD rebuild, ARB adjustment and some alignment tweeks will help. But at the end of the day, it's still a FWD car, with the engine and gearbox slightly for of the front axle so it will always understeer a little.

Biggest thing any of us need, before we start fucking about underneath is seat time in the car. With coilovers, brakes and ~160whp there's not much that can keep up with a well driven EP82.

Edited by TimD

The answer is to lop a bit off the axle and bolt it back with a shim underneath.. But I really think you're just band aiding a flawed rear beam setup, and those that have done it already, just did it because they could without backing it up with any real data.

The truth is, only a very small percentage of Starlets aren't road cars, so there simply isn't enough knowledge available to say, yes this absolutely works on track, or no it doesn't. So it really is a case of experimenting and figuring out what does and doesn't work for you..

All I know, is that my car handles really well, is fairly planted and very difficult to get it out of shape in the dry. It does suffer from a little bit of understeer, and I'm hoping with the combination of aero, a LSD rebuild, ARB adjustment and some alignment tweeks will help. But at the end of the day, it's still a FWD car, with the engine and gearbox slightly for of the front axle so it will always understeer a little.

Biggest thing any of us need, before we start fucking about underneath is seat time in the car. With coilovers, brakes and ~160whp there's not much that can keep up with a well driven EP82.

Good piece of information mate appreciate it gives me abit of an idea the car handles spot on with coliovers breaks and lsd gear box the reason why I wanted to know is rear wheel and tyre clearance when lowerd is abit tight but I will get that issue resolved

Not without some work.

A couple have done it.

its also welded on the inside of the stub, quite a bit of work with a die grinder is needed to remove it

Mine catches on the rear under full compression with a passenger, worse at cadwell as you enter the mountain!

I only have a 7j wheel and 35'ish offset, you're going to struggle to use the car in anger without some wider arches.

If it's time attack you want I'm surprised you're running a 195 on an 8J. I run 195/50 all round(which measure at 205) on 7J ET32/35 F/R.

If it was a track only car I'd like to experiment with 225/50/15 front and 205/50/15 rear, or milder staggered setups

Edited by Amjad

Mine catches on the rear under full compression with a passenger, worse at cadwell as you enter the mountain!

I only have a 7j wheel and 35'ish offset, you're going to struggle to use the car in anger without some wider arches.

Mine use to do the same on a set of 7J ET35 wheels on sharp bends think it might be best to get a smaller wheel on there instead of messing around with wider wheels

If it's time attack you want I'm surprised you're running a 195 on an 8J. I run 195/50 all round(which measure at 205) on 7J ET32/35 F/R.

If it was a track only car I'd like to experiment with 225/50/15 front and 205/50/15 rear, or milder staggered setups

There just temp mate not going to use on track going to stick me 7J ET35s with 195/50s wheels back on they were bang on was going to try 225/50s if I do will let you know how I get on

Change Spring rate Tim, I never had problems with tyre rub even on bumpy B roads 👍

Mine use to do the same on a set of 7J ET35 wheels on sharp bends think it might be best to get a smaller wheel on there instead of messing around with wider wheels

There just temp mate not going to use on track going to stick me 7J ET35s with 195/50s wheels back on they were bang on was going to try 225/50s if I do will let you know how I get on

That would be good, thanks! 7J is a better bet for sure, and that can take a 225 easy