Need help: N/A ep91 150hp

I'm looking to push my N/A 4efe EP91 to 150hp and just want to see what work would need to be done to get near this figure, I have a small list of things in my mind but need the opinion of others to make sure I'm on the right tracks

Turbo and front intercooler. Larger injectors, fuel pump, cone filter, exhaust will help too. Ideally port and skim cylinder head too.

A mildly modified 4efte swap will make things easier.

Of course before you start, first upgrade braking and suspension

man thats a lot the only way you going to get anywhere is to fit 4efte loom/ecu/sensors then plug in a p&p for the 8000+ rpm ( you going to need every rev )

then the engine work starts

gen1 4efe pistons block skimmed to the max head skimmed to the max for starters

4efte complete intake and exhaust ( custom manifold to exhaust )

ported head ( big time )

spedvision cams or the likes

light fly and pullys

4efte stock injectors ??

now get an emanage blue in there to to get it properly mapped right to the limiter

you will never get there with the na limiter thats for sure

Edited by 5e colin

If you want to keep it N/A Youd be talking at least 12:1 CR forged pistons and rods, Balanced bottom end, endcap reenforcement, revving to 9-10k, custom cams, loads of head work and chamber work to minimse hotspots, a good set of itbs, management and e85 or really good fuel of sorts.

Quite an expensive venture.

need any structural mods to drop the 2zz?

I think there's some sections of the chassis members that needs altering, engine mounts too. Woodsport were the first to do the conversion with an EP82. There's a detailed build thread too. Socks has just done his glanza and I think Gary has also done it. Cracking engine though

Day

• 3 weeks later...

Get a 5efhe engine.

Head skim and 0.5mm HG

Port and polish

ITBs

Custom exhaust and manifold

Fpr, 255 pump and higher flow injectors

Lightweight engine pullys

Lightweight flywheel

Then most important get a decent ecu and a decent mapper.

You probably wouldnt be too far off that target.

I'm trying to get something out of my n/a 4e to :) but not 150 lol I've got so far

ITB's

Fpr

Apexi neo

New dizzy,rotor,cap, leads and plugs

Wideband

Custom manifold

Glanza apexi 2.5" full exhaust system

But I will be getting the head skimmed loads and ported polished and possibly three angled valve seats

Dunno how much that would make tho

Edited by JDMginge

Other way round, Too much duration and the valve will be open longer, piston will go way down out the way of even 10+mm lift cams. But sometimes if you open too much you loose intake velocity and thats a whole other game haha

I dont even know the beginnings of it all but theres loads to look at with high powered n/a, from combustion chamber shape, to piston spec and squish gap in chamber to cam specs and trumpet lengths blah blah blah haha