1994 EP82 Emissions Fail

Hello All,

My EP82 has just failed it's emissions... I came on here to research it and I think it turns out that my car isn't subject to the full test?

Now my question is, they will have to be testing it against something, and surely what they have isn't a 4E-FTE? Unless it is now a registered UK engine?!!

Mine is 1994, so according to the MOT handbook, it only needs a basic test if they can't identify the engine.

Any others had this happen to them, where they have been failed, then had to dig out a handbook and throw it in their face? I just want to make sure I have my facts right before approaching them, otherwise I will look like an idiot!

Cheers!

If you follow it down it comes to 'can you find an exact match'

The answer is no, there is no 4EFTE in the book.

Then it gets put through as a non CAT test which is very easy to pass, even with a decat.

This does depend on when your car was made though!

Thanks for that. Mine is an L reg, which covers August 93 to the end of July 94. It is a quadlight which apparently were released in May 94. So I would say that is the one!!

With that in mind, it should just be a basic test then!

I had this too mate have a mk 2 GT, L reg decat etc etc, they tryed to throw that at me, with the emissions etc, when I said it's a jap import pre 95 plate they admitted they was wrong and that was the end of that :-)

Edited by patman