Squeeling noise on start up

Hello guys seems to be with me at the moment, sort one issue out another one arises,

As title says (and of course have searched the forum as always before I make a topic :-) when I start my car at around 12-30pm everyday for work, car starts fine no problem no squeeling, off to work I go, when I return to my car late evening 8/9pm will start car up get out of tight space I'm in, then as I poddle along the road the car will start squeeling, high pitch sound etc, then it will go after about 5/10 seconds, until I get to a junction to stop, it will start squeeling again for 5 seconds, then stop, as the car warms up it goes and that's the end of that, so it's only happening on first start up, in the late evenings, weather is very cold that time of night, car starts up after about 2 cranks, no lights on dash or anything, altenator was tightened today so I'm kind of scratching my balls on this one weather its altenator or belts, anyone had this sort of thing before all help as usual is much appreciated.

Thanks Pat

Thanks for the reply Steve, I presume the Glanza is the same as the GT set up? Not sure on that, as I have the two belts coming off the altenator, water pump belt and power steering belt, so wasn't sure which one it is

Thanks for the reply Steve, I presume the Glanza is the same as the GT set up? Not sure on that, as I have the two belts coming off the altenator, water pump belt and power steering belt, so wasn't sure which one it is

Ahh I would assume so, but not 100%. Can't honestly remember, but I know it was the alternator belt that was causing it. I'd just tighten them all if you can get to them while you're there

They were tightened today Steve mate while at the garage, seems to only do it in the cold evening when leaving work as above, but then I do have my headlights on aswell so not sure if it's a electrical thing either

Thanks for the reply morgey when driving these last few evenings I push both the electric window buttons and noticed the lights dim everytime I click them, do you know which belt it is on the altenator? As GT has two

Edited by patman

Pretty sure its the inner one. Does the water pump too.

The alternator is used as the tensioner aswell irrc, one bolt just behind the rocker cover in a long slot, and you need to loosen the bolt that acts as the pivot which is lower down, then just lever it back and do up the top bolt then retighten the lower one.

Bingo Chris thanks mate of course yes just realised my blowers are on full blast, and the slowing down bit I get aswell, thanks mate

And thanks for the tip stu got new belts ordered already, but was always told never to spray things on them like wd40?

Got to replace my belt next weekend. I swapped alternators and missed a bolt, and my dipstick popped out. Oil everywhere, what a mess...
I cleaned everything, but since, I take off in first and I don't hear anything or a faint squeal, but when I shift the change of speed make it squeak. It's almost like a blow off :p Engine temperature doesn't affect it. It always does it, but only 1-2 shifts. I shift quickly now, don't let it rev too high...

That's why you don't want oil touching a timing belt. It fucks it.