• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that must go round the cone well 8) 5sgte is my wet dream, and a huge fast spool turbo. i need 15 grand, a trailer, and td developments for about a month lol

Yeah mate it goes like a bot out of hell!

But if you got a good block and xrayed for cracks and weak points, go to Tim of TB Developments as he sells stroker kits for 3SGTE and if you can build a block with care and detail, you can achieve a mega hp. Mine is the first turbo engine I built and no problems so far 15K miles and 5 years later ;)

I'm running GT35 at 1.6bar for 520+ brake

I'm on PFC of Rev3 3SGTE SW20 MR2. Wisco pistons, Carrilo Rods, 1.2 TRD head gasket, 850cc Sard injectors, Fully balanced bottom end inc pulley, flywheel and clutch. Modified Inlet with 80mm throttlebody, Zisco 1off exhaust manifold, 3" from turbo japspeed exhaust with no kat ;) and FMIC with 2.5" ping

Tuned at Surrey Rolling Road

Edited by jeffrosie

pink, red, green, blue, yellow and black in the paint code mix 8) oh and mettalic too. rare enough now jdm narrow bodies and i only know of another 2 this colour, 6k8 kacki mettalic. one is on ccuk and the other is in the states :D

Finally got round to fitting my tubular intake manifold, its of a 4afe Rolla, throttle body too. Its slightly bigger I think :thinking: only took me about 75 mins and handy enough, had to pull the injectors and move the fuel rail. Few awkward to get to nuts and bolts but the 1/4 drive set got them :clap: couldn't keep the hold of no1 injector for the life of me, just 3 times it fell out but every time it hit the ground in the same spot :cool: also noticed the injector to head seals need changed so order those tomorrow for next weekend's work. So much room to work round this I feel spoiled compared to working at 5s :rolling:WP_20160420_18_13_49_Pro_zpsnxe2enn7.jpg

Havnt had a run yet but it feels more perky low down and through the revs now on the short run to maccy Dee's

Should see 15hp extra now they say :cool:

Ha ha you definalty feel gains but probs more like 1.5bhp! I think if you end up getting the car mapped it would actually see some decent gains over the stock set up. I'll be going emanage soon so everyone can see if they actually work or not.

Looking good mate, I would say about 10% extra power. Free flowing exhaust manifold and system with no cat would be about 15%. Reset the ECU with the engine warm so that you can take it for a hard drive through the gears and ECU should get better fuel ignition points within its narrow capabilities. I would say knocking on 90brake :thumbsup:

Obviously a properly mapped/mappable ECU will see more.

can feel it pullmore from the off now and more so mid and top end :) I've a leaky injector now but getting some seals tomorrow so hopefully wont have to bend over for Mr T lol, just 45£ odds they want for 12 seals as there's 3 seals on each injector. Also now have intermittent code 33 but think that's the Rolla throttle sensor as I've a Rolla throttle body too :) when I've these sorted I'm gona play with the timing. Have been told can get 99-110hp from these. Need a Rolla exhaust Mani to go with my straight through to back box 2" system :)

2md show of the year tomorrow :)

I'm fighting with intake manifolds on 4E-FE, maybe go normal cast mani with Glanza tb. Couldn't fit it or 4A-FE tb, flange in tubular mani was little bit narrow from firewall side. Much better torque with tubular, but peak power should be less what I have understanded. Luckily these parts are very easy to change later...

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the clocks for the sr ones today :) that was easy, no re-pining just plug and play :) eml buld was removed so put one in. Also swapped the speedo unit over to keep the correct milage, 4 screws a wee fettle was all it needed. Cable was a bit of a cunt, had to go under and hit it with a long screwdriver to release from the box, few good taps and out it spun :) I could just about get my hand to it without removing the cable but not quite enough to release it :(

Few things done the last while, SR clocks fitted with rev counter. Straight swap over, no re-pin required. Used my original speedo unit to keeps miles original, the surround needed a wee fettle but it swaps straight in.

WP_20160502_13_57_25_Pro_zpsftgdouml.jpg

WP_20160502_13_09_41_Pro_zpszpymf1ko.jpg

Took the injectors out and fitted a good 2nd hand seal kit, originals where shot and when disturbing fitting the Mani

WP_20160430_13_35_08_Pro%201_zpsurf1ip0r

Then I decided I needed some grip :twisted:

WP_20160504_06_50_40_Pro_zpskkg6k2t0.jpg

And some pics from a few shows I've done lately

WP_20160501_10_53_04_Pro_zpsxxxrhkhi.jpg

WP_20160501_11_46_46_Pro_zps74y1dsvy.jpg

WP_20160501_11_46_55_Pro_zpss16yvxsy.jpg

WP_20160501_11_49_03_Pro_zpsox1foa0a.jpg

WP_20160501_14_07_42_Pro_zpsakkayjex.jpg

WP_20160501_14_07_51_Pro_zpsmjdbshr0.jpg

WP_20160501_14_08_11_Pro_zpsvoynyj6m.jpg

WP_20160501_14_44_41_Pro_zpsy0r4pk38.jpg

Edited by SKINY

Nice job! Any reason you took the whole speedo face? You can literally swap over the little box behind the clock faces which contains the mileage and put that in the new ones, that's all I did :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

done a few shows allready and just another 2 this weekend :yahoo: been keeping it clean with Auto-Glym and Megs WP_20160506_19_33_04_Pro_zpsvhmnuizo.jpgWP_20160506_20_46_56_Pro_zpsknz2eh8z.jpgWP_20160506_20_47_51_Pro_zpsr0qehkis.jpgWP_20160507_10_07_57_Pro_zpsmxz2iwna.jpgWP_20160507_10_25_41_Pro_zpszfsiw6sj.jpgWP_20160507_10_26_09_Pro_zpsjab8unqr.jpgWP_20160507_10_26_28_Pro_zpsegcowsp9.jpg Thats the mates GT4 its the cleanest GT4 in the country, FACT 8) also a few other Nortstars members :D my bumper is away getting a make over and ive a new look front end to be revealed at saterdays show, so im rolling like this until tommorow night lol WP_20160516_20_15_26_Pro_zpslqg0hhip.jpg 2 bolts and a small bay of Cable-Ties :D